Leave me Alone

::CHAPTER 5::

Wake me up inside. Wake me up inside. Call my name and save me from the dark. Bid my blood to run before I come undone. Save me from the nothing I've become...

I open my eyes hear sirens. I hear the doors burst open and people invade the halls. I peek through the slits and see the entire middle school, teachers, and police officers surrounding my locker.

"HELP!" I scream. "I'M HERE!"

I see a man walk up to my locker and look through the slits.

"Remain calm." He orders soothingly. His brown eyes look so full of sorrow.

He pulls out a crowbar and forces the door open.

I fall out and land on my face. I push myself up and see Darek in tears, fear in his eyes.

I stand up and wipe the blood from my nose.

"You okay?" The officer asks.

"Yeah..." I mutter. Everyone is giving me dirty looks and Josiah is sticking up his middle finger at me. I run off, crying, to the bathroom.

As I'm about to open the door, Haley stops me. I push her away, but she grabs my arm.

"You...little..."

I cut her off,"SHUT UP, HALEY!"

She gives me a hard punch in the teeth. "Excuse me?"

I clench my fists. "Shut...up."

She smirks and bashes my head into the white and gold cinderblock walls.

I grab her by the hair and pull her head down.

She sweeps my legs and kicks my throat once I'm down.

I quickly grab her ankle and pull her down.

I feel two hands on my shoulders and drag me down the hall. I try to fight, but I fail. I get dragged to the Janitor's Closet.

I stand up and immediately get pulled into a hug.

"Darek-" I cry into his chest.

"Ssh." He puts one hand on the back of my head and strokes my back with the other. His tears fall on my head.

I look up at him. I see such disappointment in his eyes.

I push him away and speed down the hallway. I look at the clock and see its only 9:46. I get my stuff from my locker and burst out the doors.

I trudge through the 1-foot snow and take a taxi home.

I press my face against the window as the bus speeds past the school. About 15 minutes, I told the driver it was my stop. I was still about half a mile from home.

I stepped off and gave the driver $10 without even looking at him.

"Hey, kid!" The driver yelled.

"Huh?"

"This ain't gonna be enough to pays." He grabbed my arm.

I pulled away and ran. I heard the driver curse at me and drive away, breaking a few traffic laws.

I sit on a bench and look at my phone. It's 10:35. I tuck my hands into the black knit sleeves of my sweater. I wipe my face with them and press my face to my knees.

I expect Darek to come and hug me, the way that he does.

Nope. I sit here in the newly beginning blizzard. I can't see, the blizzard is so strong.

I decide to curl up and hide my face. I sit up and try to find my way. I trip and land face-first in the snow. I can't breathe. I sit up.

"Help? Anyone?!" I yell. I see a red light in the distance. No...two lights. They get closer. It's a car. Just as it's about to come crashing into me, someone wraps their arms around me and leaps out of the way.

I hear an ear-piercing scream and feel blood splatter all over my face.