I pray he feels it too.

Suddenly, I hear him–but it wasn't five, sadly instead it was Kylo's unmistakeable footsteps which echoed sharply around his quarters, sounding overly loud in my ears, like he was someone who has not learnt to walk quietly, nor needs to.

My hatch opens and there he stands once more, as if he had never left. Still incredibly tall and cloaked in black–his mask was off and when his eyes met mine, I saw something flash within them.

"You're awake," He murmurs in the quiet, almost more to himself than I.

He had torn me from my thoughts that were camouflaging the pain in my system, and all I am able to do is nod weakly at him as my stomach twists in on itself. Kylo's brown eyes rest, not unblinking but slowed; yet the effect for once is soft and inviting instead of harsh. 

His face was passive and untroubled as he watched me.

"You are hungry," He states and once again, all I can do is nod.

Kylo's face twitched slightly and I could tell he was thinking deeply as he stared. He wouldn't look at me so much as through me, like my head was transparent and he was fascinated by an object two inches behind my skull.

"Come," He says, tearing his eyes away and leaving my doorway.

Will I be getting food? My heart threatens to leap through its cage at what he says and excitement comes as an unfamiliar taste. I'm glad I fell asleep in my clothes rather than my bed-wear for it would be quite embarrassing for him to see me in such state, and the gratitude can only grow as I follow him out of his quarters.

The halls were dead at such an early time, but they were still illuminated harshly. My stomach growls at my quick movements to keep up with Kylo's long strides, and suddenly it is as if I had forgotten that he tried to kill me days before as I croak,

"Where are we going?"

I had never seen him out of his own quarters without his mask on and even in this terrible lighting, his eyes that fell onto me threatened to consume my salvation. He did not give me an answer.

My spine shivers and the bruises among the skin almost deepen.

"Where have you been for the last two days?" I blurt, unconcerned to his silence and almost out of breath.

When Kylo Ren finally spoke it was like a low roll of thunder. His voice was like nothing I've ever heard before. It sounded like a drum, but deeper and at the same time it was smooth, like butter.

"I have been gollowing my orders over at the Starkiller Base," He asserts, as if I wasn't to ask him such a thing but he answers anyway just to amuse me. "I will be gone for the rest of the week, so don't starve yourself in the meantime, like you have already been. I am certain the Supreme Leader wouldn't be happy."

The rest of the week. 

A sense of thrill brightens within me. 

I didn't even care if he could feel it too.

The dining hall was like a cemetery. Nobody but he and I were present amongst the endless counters, tables and chairs. It was hard to picture this eerie place being a home of loud chatter, each table a cosseted huddle of people who ate breakfast, lunch and dinner here every day.

Kylo Ren still walks in silence, his eyebrows furrowed as if behind those eyes he is actually somewhere else, and when he leads me to the counters with endless covered trays with food beneath them, I don't have to think twice as he tells me, "Eat."