The Plan

Indra's Picture on the right

Ishaan's P.O.V.

Something is definitely off, thought Ishaan as they drove back to their house. The rigid set of Indra's shoulders gave away how angry he truely is. But what triggered it? Things were find while they were exploring the innermost chamber of the temple, as they had done countless times before. They just came out for a smoke, when they saw the girl on the other side of the wall.

She was a beauty, but something about her did not sit well with bro. It is a known fact that Indra did not care for village girls, but nothing in the girl's behaviour suggested that she was interested in Indra. Infact all her smiles were for me. The thought filled him with a warm glow. He really did like the girl.

'Wipe that stupid smile from your face. She is not worth it", snarled Indra.

"What is with you today? She was quiet cute and looked so small and helpless. Thankfully we were there", Ishaan replied.

"But have you thought what she was doing there. Girls do not go exploring in the middle of a junge, in salwar kameez and sandals' observed Indra. 'It is obvious she saw us and decided to follow us hoping for an introduction," he added.

"Stop looked for ulterior motive in everything. Maybe she is an impulsive person", reasoned Ishaan, although he himself began to doubt his reasoning.

"In other words, a fool. It's a miracle she did not get bitten by a snake", laughed Indra.

Is there a hint of concern in his voice? Ishaan was really puzzled by his brothers behavior.

The conversation ended as they went past the gigantic gates towards their anchestral house. Their three-hundred year old house was situated on the other side of the lake. The lake is more like a smallish sea, with two islands in the middle. The lake is owned by the family as is half of the village. Tomorrow the house is hosting a big feast to celebrate the first day of Durga Puja. Kepping in trandion, all the notable families from 10 surrounding villages were invited for the feast. Which would mean all the eligible girls and their predatory mothers will also be there. And he and his younger brothers will be in their radar.

Indra is fortunate that very few girls vie for his attention. His cool stare and steely stance usually scares them all. But tomorrow no one can hide, as it is the family tradition for the youngters of the family to servce the food in the feast.

As sudden thought occured to Ishaan. The Mullicks are invited too. Ishaan hopes that Isha will come too. She will be a refreshing addition to the usual hordes of girls they see every year.

'Maybe I can get her involved in the play that they are going to stage in a few days time. That will mean she will be here everyday. I get a feeling big bro might not like that. This is going to be so much fun'.

 Indra's P.O.V.

Indra headed for his office. Although officially on holiday, work never leaves him. A mountain of mails, e-mails and other work waited for him in the office. But for the first time in years, he wished himself somewhere else. Something was bothering him. He was not as aloof as he like to be.

The girls appearance had been a shock. The fact that she is still single gave him immense concern.

'But she is not single. She is married to you', said a voice inside his head. Indra glared at his reflection in the mirror.

'No she is not. Nobody has a claim on me. I am free and I will always be free', thought Indra fiercely. 'She is welcome to anyone who wants her'.

He resolved to prove it to her that he does not need her in his life. And he will do it on the night of the feast.

With that final thought, Indra shut his mind off and emersed himself in work.

Isha's P.O.V.

The whole Mullick family fussed over her. As she settled comfortably in her bed, Krishna and Ritu rushed in. They were full of questions.

"How did you manage to meet the two hunks at the same time? Do they go to the temple everyday?" gushed Krishna.

'Ishaan was a killer wasn't he. Oh how I wish he would hold my hand. Can I kiss your hand?', Nitu asked breathlessly.

Isha smiled wryly at the two young girls. The men were surely very popular. She wanted to ask many questions about Indra, but that would raise suspision. Next time I will pay more attention to their gossips, she vowed.

Runa did not participate. Infact, she kept throwing speculative glances at Isha. The lack of sparkle in her eyes, and the slight drooping of her lips showed that tears were not far away. She had the same hurt look, that she had when she came back from the holiday two years ago.

"O.K. girls, let's give her a break. Let her rest and we will talk about this in the evening'" Runa chirped happily, and immediately noticed the sign of relief across her friends face.

Runa closed the door after the girls.

'\All right! Out with it!" demanded Runa.

Isha did not pretend to misunderstand her. Runa has always been her pillar of strength.

"That was him", said Isha with tears in her eyes.

For a moment Runa was at loss. "Him..who him?". Then realization dawned.

"Ishaan?", Runa was shocked.

'No his brother, Indra'.

"Indrajeet Banerjee is your husband?" , incredulity and shock has made Runa hoarse. This is not good news. The man had a reputation of having a stone in the place where his heart should be. He is also arrogant and ruthlessly focussed on his work. No wonder Isha was in such a state two years back. An encounter with Indrajeet would leave anyone shattered.

"You cannot let him affect you, Isha. You have to stand up for yourself", Ritu hissed throught gritted teeth.

"Of course not. Infact I told him today that he did not exist for me", said Isha with immense pride.

"Atta girl, that's the spirit. So what did he say in reply?"

"He warned me off his brother, Ishaan."

Runa was furious. The nerve of that man.

"That's it. You will flirt with Ishaan and every other available man in that house. No, in this whole village. Let's see what he can do", said Runa as she paced around the room.

The brought a rare smile on Isha's face.

"Runa, my dear! You have a deal."