Digging up Dirt (matured)

Indra was tired. Completely drenched, and bleeding from at least 10 different places. They have already found three of the passages blocked. They are currently trying one of the narrowest passages. Javid and Ram were digging, while Indra read the book. A funny place to sit down for a read, Indra thought without humour. Wonder what his board members would think if they saw him now.  But the book might provide a new route they desperately needed. 

This was the book he had taken from Isha. Suddenly he remembered the night he had taken it. How innocent Isha looked while sleeping. Images came rushing in like a stream after a deluge. Isha returning from school. Isha swimming in the lake. Isha chanting his name as he plunged into her. Isha Snuggling next to him as he adjusted to the sensation of being so happy. Image after image came pouring in, as he struggled to drag his mind back to reality. This is not the time for memories. Right now, he needed his wit.

This book belonged to the Pujari who was the ancestor of the Mullick family. His scribbles and some dates suggest, that he often went down these tunnels to another temple once a month. It seems there was another temple down here somewhere. More secluded from prying eyes, but structurally sound. Was this the temple that had the treasure?

Indra marvelled at the fact that all these years nobody in the Mullick family bothered to turn the pages of this book. It was a treasure in itself. Luckily Isha found it. It just might save her life today.

'Got it Choto Babu! You were right. This tunnel ends in a door!'

Javid Held the torch high to reavesl a small door. Surprisingly, no roots seemed to have penetrated the roof. Everything looked intact. 

'Let's go'.

Javid led the way while Ram and Javid followed. The door had a combination of sorts. Exactly the one scribbled in one of the pages. After three or four tries the door was unlocked. It revealed a narrow passage that seemed to go on for ever. The trio formed a line and started progressing. 

Isha's P.O.V.

Isha was now crouching at the edge of the water. The water had receded a little bit to reveal more ledges. The father son duo did not want to wait any longer and have gone down together to explore under the water. 

Isha's job was to make sure the rope is secured properly. She stared at the rope like it's her lifeline. What if they don't come back. Suddenly the rope started moving. After a while two heads popped up. 

'Mai we found a door that might lead to another chamber. But we need to explore further. Will you be all right on your own?'

Isha's mind screamed 'NO', but she nodded stoically. 

'We are leaving a small bag and torch with you. The bag has some food in it. Please eat as you must be very hungry'

The two disappeared one after another, the only sign of their Prince was the tension on the rope. Isha stared at the rope with dying hope. She opened on of the packages and started eating. She had lost the track of time completely. Was it morning? Where is He? Is he thinking about me?

In a rush, the memories came tumbling in. Indra was unbelievably gentle last night. When he first entered it hurt so much. Isha Had cried. And Indra had kissed away all her tears. And he kissed all the way down there. And kept kissing until she melted. And burned.his wet mouth was acting like a flame that kept fanning the fire in her. As all thoughts escaped her mind, he had plunged into her, making her complete. Each Stoke was unbelievably slow, allowing her to adjust to the new intrusions. In the end, it was her urging him to go faster. Thinking back, Isha knew that was the moment when Indra had laid his heart bare to her. Of course he loves her. Without love, no one can be so gentle. Tears gathered in her eyes. Will she meet him again?

Suddenly light flashed on her and blinded her completely. To her alarm, the light was coming from somewhere high up. Isha was estatic, 'Indra had found her'. 

Rudra

His thoughts were interrupted as he saw the Trapdoor on the floor. Looked like it was opened recently. Now that's interesting! 

Why open it? 

He asked his men to open it. The door revealed a dirty staircase, which had the clear imprint of three pairs of feet. And one looked too small to belong to a man. Did they take Isha down?

He took his torch and signalled his men to follow him. The footprints were easily visible in the muddy path. They kept following them carefully and went deeper into the darkness.