The New Project (The Final Chapter)

Isha wondered for the hundredth time, why did she say yes.

This was hard work. Exploring tunnels, walking through filth, exploring some more. Indra has magnanimously given her the task of exploring the tunnels, to find a secure way in so that the tunnels could be opened to tourists in the future. This was part of their heritage, and he was very proud of it. 

The gold had already being removed from the temple to keep them safe. Most of it with the family, to be used to build and maintain the infrastructure of the village. Some of it will also go to the school, and the upcoming Medical College near the highway.

Deep down Isha knew Indra had involved her to get rid of her demons. For the first time she had walked into the scene of the attack, she nearly had a panic attack. But utmost self-control had prevented a total melt-down. But now that she had passed the area at least a hundred times, the attack had become a distant memory. She wondered how many horrific dead these walls had witnessed, and forgotten. 

It's been three months since they have married. Three months of total bliss, of care, laughter and love. She was so happy. The memories brought a blush to her cheek even when she is covered in filth, staring at the moss covered walls of the temple. She sent a silent thanks to the deity for being alive.

The beep of her watch brought her back to reality. It was three in the afternoon. The official cut-off time for return. They need to be out of the way before the tide moves in. It's surprising how Indra agreed to send her here, despite the risks. But each day had increased her confidence, chased away her fears and she was almost whole again.

Back at home she scrubbed and cleaned until she glittered. He is coming back today after a 15 day trip. She could barely hold her excitement.

The day dragged on. Nothing was interesting when he was not around. The clock dragged its feet until she heard the car door slam outside.

Indra came in looking tired, but his eyes lit up when he saw her. He smiled a lot more now. 

'He is getting soft' thought Isha.

That night Isha had barely closed the door, when Indra dragged her to the bed. His mouth was on her immediately. While they kissed, he swiftly took off her clothes and jumped in the covers with her. Soon his mouth closed over her nipple, suckling softly. Unlike other times, Isha felt a pain in her breast, which was quickly ignored as other feelings resurfaced. His mouth was everywhere, hands kneading, and caressing. 

Isha moaned, and that was all Indra needed to plunge in. It was over quickly, too quickly. Both were panting. 

'I thought you were on you period at this time', Indra said running a possessive hand over her belly.

'I am running late this month' Isha replied sleepily.

'How late?'

'I don't know, probably 10 days' Isha turned around to switch off the light.

Indra grabbed her hand and turned her towards her.

His expression wiped away sleep from her eyes. They looked like glowing gems.

'Do you know what this means?'

Isha paused before answering. What does that mean?

Suddenly it dawned. Her surprised eyes met that of Indra's laughing ones. Was she?

Suddenly shy, Isha leaned into Indra's shoulder to hide her blush. A baby? My goodness!

Indra wrapped his arms around her. He wondered how the baby would look, like her or him? But he is sure, it will be a beautiful baby. How it cannot be, when they had put so much love in making it. He kissed her shoulder and switched off the light. But the darkness was broken by soft whispers of dreams and hopes they had for the beautiful future ahead.

Author's Note: It's being a beautiful journey and thank you all for sharing it with me. Check out my new book, 'The Lost Thread'.