The Morning After

The morning was akward. Isha woke up on am empty bed in an empty room. Her first thoughts were of Indra. Where was he? The memories of last night came crashing down on her. She felt like drowning in the blankets. What have I done? How could I let him touch me? And why did I tell him I love him?

She was grateful she was alone. She did not think she was ready to confront him right now. But that did not stop her from wondering where he is now. What would it feel to wake up in his arms?She brushed the thought aside. She needed to get her armour back on before he came back.

Isha rushed to the shower. After shower, she chose a loose fitting kurta and Pajama to wear. The room was cool, but the lack of ventilation made it stuffy. Someone had thoughtfully provided breakfast on the table. She finished her breakfast deep in thought. She has entered a new phase in her life. Too bad it did not feel exciting. In fact she felt more trapped than happy. Is this how it's going to be? Sex and isolation? 

The memories brought a sudden blush to her cheeks. Oh how easily she gave in to his demands! She was an eager pupil at the hands of an expert teacher. And she actually felt loved. Not for a moment did she think this was fake. He repeated her name over and over again, almost as if he was offering a prayer. Why was he not with her now? How could he leave?

She shook herself out of the depressing thoughts. She decided to explore her room more thoroughly. Suddenly a thought occurred to her. What if she found a hiding place. She could hide when someone came with her food. Then not finding her there. They would panic. Maybe she can escape in the confusion that would follow. That would teach Indra  good lesson.

Soon her thoughts crystazied into action. If her theory is correct, there should be more stairs leading downwards. There should at least be a door, somewhere near the floor. She took a small torch from under her pillow and searched every inch. She was right. Near a dark corner there seemed to be a small circle attached to a hook. She pulled with all her might, but it refused to budge. Years of dirt and grime seemed to have melded it with the stone floor. After spending thirty minutes in hopeless struggle, she gave up. She needed some other plan. But first she has to pack a small bag which would help her survive. 

With this in mind Isha started packing her belongings in a smaller bag. She packed very little clothes. Only a sareee in case she needs it as a rope. A few essentials she always carries and some food. After an hour she was proud of her tiny bundle. Now she should wait for someone to come.

Suddenly, hurried voices seemed to filter through the door. Someone seemed to be arguing. Suddenly the door of her room sprang open. Two men rushed into the room. Isha had seen them before. They were Indra's guards. They shut the door behind them and proceeded towards her with a determined look.