The Weeping Stars

Author's Note:

This book is  a work of fiction. All names, characters,  and incidents are works of fiction and any resemblance to actual people or events is purely coincidental.

The uploading, scanning, and distribution of this book in any form or by any means, including but not limited to digital, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the permission of the author is illegal and punishable by law.

The Weeping Stars

By: Pakhi83

All Rights Reserved

November 6, 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The train was stopping at every station. It was a wonder that it moved at all. The scorching heat of summer midday was taking a toll on every machinery in the baked plains of Bengal. The trains were running late, the passengers listless, the hawkers completely worn out. It was lucky that I had a seat next to the window. The sharp sting of the hot wind on the face atleast kept off the smell of sweat that seemed to coils its way up from the foulest corners of that dingy compartment.

Isha could not wait for the journey to end. One more hour and she would be free. It's a freedom she has been craving for two years - a freedom from familiar faces, from the knowing looks, the sly glances and the loud wishpers that were meant to be heard. Ever since her husband left her right after the wedding, she had been in the middle of endless gossip, malicious remarks and outright cruely. Even her parents, who had supported her through every bold step she took, were helpless. When society turns on you as a single entity, there is very little your loved ones can do. So, she took the only way out. Runnning.

Will this be the new begenning she deserves, or will luck play its last card. Can she stand up to the same stranged who wed her that night and threw her to the wolves without a backward glance. Or will she run, again.