Chapter Fifty-Eight: Within the Heavenly Sacred Border

Start from the beginning

Sighing defeatedly, Nie Tai stood and managed to gain a hold of Nie Li's soul force. Heading towards it, she noticed that Xiao Ning'er was nearby. Moving through the area was difficult as Nie Tai set foot into the light from earlier; there seemed to be layers of areas stacked on top of each other in a beautifully woven way. The ginger heard Ye Yan growl, "You brat! How dare you call me a coot!"

Nie Li angrily tore into the ghost, "How are you anything else?! You want to trade trash for treasure by playing a naive girl! You should be ashamed for your actions!"

"Brother," thought Nie Tai with a smirk on her face, "You're acting your real age."

"Nie Li?" Called Xiao Ning'er. Nie Tai was close enough that she could hear her faintly through the layers of the Heavenly Sacred Barrier, "How could I hear your voice in my ears and head?"

"I'll tell you later, it's pretty easy to do," replied her brother kindly to Xiao Ning'er. His attitude changed quickly when speaking to Ye Yan, "What do you want, old coot?"

Finally seeing her brother and Xiao Ning'er, Nie Tai arrived in time to see the old Ye Yan flail his ghostly arms childishly, "I don't want to see your cultivation technique! I'm already dead and can't even use it!"

"Then why were you asking about Ning'er's technique? You're a liar and a coot rolled into one. Despicable," ruthlessly berated Nie Li.

Ye Yan gritted his teeth and hissed, "I only wanted to see if there was anything wrong with the technique! That is all!"

"Like you could find anything wrong with it," commented Nie Tai, her presence shocking the two arguing males.

Before Ye Yan could turn on her, Nie Li chuckled, "Correct, sister, but maybe it is not impossible for him to see the Lightning Dragon technique."

"Hmm," voiced Nie Tai, raising a brow in response, "Very well, you are the own who gifted it to Ning'er, I guess you can decide what to do with it."

Looking hopelessly from twin to twin, Ye Yan cursed his curiosity and slowly asked, "What do you want in return?"

"The shinies within," answered Nie Tai without hesitation. Startled, Ye Yan looked at Nie Li for confirmation.

"The Thunder God's Meteorite Sword and the Ribbons of Pandora," specified Nie Li easily.

"Absolutely not!" Immediately disagreed Ye Yan. Those two weapons were sealed with the Heavenly Sacred Border for a reason; if given to the wrong people, they could bring disaster to Glory City. Xiao Ning'er just looked from the twins to the ghost confusedly, she didn't really understand what they were doing.

"Then I suppose you won't see the technique," said Nie Li dismissively. Groaning, Ye Yan bit his imaginary fingernails.

He stilled when Nie Tai added, "And I was thinking about showing him half of the first chapter of our cultivation, but I suppose he isn't interested."

"Really, sister?" Questioned Nie Li with an evil glint in his eyes, "You are truly far to kind."

"I thought that such an expert would be interested," continued Nie Tai with a smirk stretching across her face.

Burying his head into his ghostly hands, Ye Yan muttered something incoherently. With amusement on his face, Nie Li asked, "What did you say, old coot?"

Snapping, Ye Yan replied, "Fine! I'll show you to the Thunder God's Meteorite Sword and the Ribbons of Pandora! If you die in the process, it's going to be your fault."

"Really?" Commented Nie Tai in exaggerated enthusiasm, "Amazing."

Grimacing, Ye Yan demanded, "You will show me the techniques first though. And tell me how you knew of them."