Laundry Day

(WARNING: Long Chapter)

Jimin opens his eyes, yawns, throws his arms and legs, the sound of the vaccum cleaner woke him up. They came home today at 4 a.m after the new year's celebration. He checks the time with his half opened eyes, it's already 12 p.m. Half of the day has already passed. He comes out of his room in a sleepy state, scratching the back of his head. As expected, Jeongyeon is cleaning the hall. Jimin sinks into the couch, grabs pillow, lays his head on the armrest and looks at the lady who is cleaning the carpet,

"When did you wake up?", he asks in a sleepy voice.

"2 hours ago", Jeongyeon replies without looking at him.

"Jihyun?", He asks next.

"She is sleeping"

"In this noise?", Jimin exclaims.

"I put earplugs in her ears", Jeongyeon replies nonchalantly.

"Why don't you show me some mercy too?"

"Because I hate you", Jeongyeon removes all the curtains to wash them and the sunrays fall right on Jimin's face.

"Arrrgghhhhh....", Jimin growls but it doesn't affect Jeongyeon a bit.

She then goes straight to Jimin's room, and he follows her.

"Why are you conducting a cleaning drive today?", he asks in an annoyed tone.

"If you have forgot Mr. Park Ji Min, tomorrow is Jihyun's birthday party. It's better to invite guests in a clean house", Jeongyeon wiggles her eye brows.

"But why my room?", Jimin whines.

"Because I don't believe that you are going to clean it if I don't. So before I go, I must....", Jeongyeon pauses.

"Right, you are going anyway. So you better not....", Jimin also can't complete his sentence and leaves the room.

In the hall, Jimin hears Jeongyeon's phone ringing, he picks it up from the table, it was displaying "Omma"

"Ahh.. Omonim", Jimin is about to give it to Jeongyeon, when he thinks of wishing her a new year first.

So he receives the call, "Hello Omonim. I am Park Ji Min. Wish you a very Happy New Year"

"PARK JI MIN !!!", Jeongyeon's mother sounds so shocked, as if someone has pushed her from the hundredth floor, "You bastard !! Why the hell do you have her phone?"

Jimin is totally taken aback by the rough tone and words of Mrs. Yoo, "Omonim, it's me Jimin..."

"I know, how can I forget your your name? You ruined my daughter's life, you broke her wedding", Mrs. Yoo is shouting like a crazy person.

"Her wedding??", Jimin can't believe his ears.

At that moment Jeongyeon snatches the phone from his hand,

"Mianhae Omma, I lied to you. I am here at Tokyo, not Bangkok"

Jimin can understand the one way conversation only but he can still hear the loud voice of Mrs. Yoo.

"Omma, I am going back on 4th. It's Jihyun's birthday, please understand", Jeongyeon ends the call and proceeds towards the washing machine.

"Your wedding is cancelled?", Jimin asks standing just behind her.

"Yes", obviously her one word answer is not enough for Jimin,

"Why ?? What was the reason??"