Feelings-House of Cards

Jeongyeon gets out of her car, only to realize how badly she is stuck. There are no space to move a bit, not infront or back, not right or left, the entire road is blocked. She obviously knows the reason, the news of a wildfire is repeated again and again in the FM, the scale of the disaster is pretty huge. It is already declared as a National Disaster by the government. One man in his 50s is already reported dead, almost 400 houses and 500 hectares land is destroyed. Though evacuation process has already started, it seems difficult to control the situation. The fire is spreading rapidly in the neighboring areas Sokcho, Gangneung and Donghae cities too. Jeongyeon is in Donghae right now, stuck in the middle of hundreds of cars and people. The traffic jam is so bad that if anything happens here, she doubts the help can get there in time. Suddenly Jeongyeon hears a loud commotion, she follows the noise and can't believe what she has just seen. There is smoke at top of the hill, which is just beside the road, it means the fire has already reached here. The hill is totally covered with forest, making easier to spread it. The people start leaving their cars on the road, running towards a safe place. The rise of heat in the atmosphere is already hinting the upcoming catastrophe. Jeongyeon quickly gets into her car, takes her phone, bag and removes all seat covers, in case she needs them to save her from the heatwave. As soon as she starts running, she spots three choppers in the air, spraying some fire redundant. She also sees, the firefighters are bravely sprinting towards the area. The aid has already arrived, they will be saved, even in this crucial situation Jeongyeon feels a little relief. A loud cry catches her attention, her eyes lands on a lost child. He is probably the same age as Jihyun, crying for his father. People are too busy in running for their own life, that none pays attention to a lost child. Infact, Jeongyeon gets scared to see, the child may get stamped in this ruckus. She runs towards him and holds his hands tightly.

"Follow this Nuna, okay?"
The child bobbles his head while crying. Then they start running, Jeongyeon once turns her head to the hill, a fire wave is coming down fast, vigorously eating up all the flora and fauna there, only leaving ashes. Fire fighters already start sprinkling water to check the spreading of fire. Jeongyeon lifts the child into her arms, covers themselves and runs with all of her strength. The heat in the air is rising continuously, suddenly a car catches fire and its fuel tank blast. The impact of the blast amplifies because of the other cars around, owing to more available fuel. Soon Jeongyeon alongwith some other people finds herself in a fire pit. Her sight becomes blurred to completely blank, out of fear and suffocation, in no time she with the child lose their senses and pass out.

Why everything is so dark?

The first thought comes to her mind, she gradually realizes her eyes are shut and she is struggling to open it. Her body feels a jolt, she hears someone calling her name, the voice sounds familiar but its fainting, she is losing her senses again.

*****
"Unnie, don't die", Jeongyeon hears the sweet familiar voice.

"Dahyun?", she asks in surprised voice.

"Yes, it's me Dahyun", she hears the voice again, much clearer.

Jeongyeon opens her eyes slowly, she sees Dahyun there, standing just beside her bed, in the same white dress, with the same endearing smile.

"Am I dead? Have you come to take me with you?", Jeongyeon asks her little sister.

Dahyun's smile disappears, "No unnie, don't say like that. You can't die, you won't. Jihyun needs you, not only her Jimin needs you too"

The elder girl smiles, "that's not true Dahyunie, he still loves you. Don't you hate me for having feelings for him?"

Dahyun laughs," I dont have the right to be upset with you unnie. I am the one who left them, you are the one who embraced them."

"You are not true, I know. You are actually me, my inner voice. I am trying to justify my actions through you. I am so pathetic", Jeongyeon eyes well up.

"No unnie, trust me they need you. My daughter, Jimin both", Dahyun leans towards her and kisses her forehead.

May be that was the touch of angel that brings Jeongyeon back into senses. Her eyes shot opened and discovers she is surrounded by a doctor and nurses.

Jaebum is walking in the hospital corridor from one end to another with an unrest mind. He almost got a heart attack when he was informed about her. Though doctors have assured that Jeongyeon is not in danger, still he can't get his peace of mind till she regains her consciousness. Mrs. Yoo is also sitting on sofa and Jihyun is on her lap. Jimin is talking with Taehyung, his friend is already on the way to here. Tae was dead worried for Jimin, he never thought that Jimin could take such an impulsive and risky decision for Jeongyeon. He has told Jimin that he is coming to here and will drive Jimin back to Busan as soon as Jeongyeon wakes up.

The doctor comes out of the room and declares, "Ms. Yoo woke up, you can meet her".

Jaebum doesn't even wait for him to finish the sentence, he just runs into the room, followed by Mrs. Yoo, Jihyun and Jimin.

Jeongyeon is sitting on her bed, when she sees Jaebum storming into the room, the man without wasting a moment pulls her and plants a passionate kiss on her lips. Jaebum is too emotional to care about the other people present in the room. Jeongyeon's heart is going to jump out from her chest, she is obviously flustered by his sudden action and doesn't know how to react other than staying still. Jaebum on the other hand is not embarrassed a bit, he casually embraces the girl and says,

"Thank God you are alright. Thanks to Jimin that he found you"

Wait, Jimin !!!

Jeongyeon's eye searches for the owner of the name and finds him, at the door. He looks like he has just got frozen there, unable to step forward. When her eyes meets his, he smiles to her, may be the saddest smile ever.

Jimin looks at Jeongyeon, who is still in Jaebum's arms. He has witnessed the scene that took place just couple a moments ago. To see Jeongyeon to be kissed by another man, his heart has sunk. He is feeling an unexplainable pain.

His eyes are still locked with Jeongyeon, who is looking at him over Jaebum's shoulder. He gives a faint smile, waves at her, he stops himself to step forward and continues to step back. Jeongyeon watches him slowly disappearing from her sight. Jimin hurries toward the hospital exit, he starts with big steps to walk fast to eventually running. Yes, he just wants to run away from here, from her. The scene of Jaebum kissing her starts to haunt him and he runs and runs and runs.....

Taehyung is in the hospital, he just has gathered the information of Jeongyeon's whereabouts from the receptionist. When he turns to proceed, he spots a familiar figure, running frantically out of the hospital.

"Jimin !!!"

Without wasting a moment he follows him, "Park Ji Min, Stop !!!"

He sees his friend stops outside the hospital gate and collapses on the ground. Tae realizes that his friend is crying seeing his shivering back. He reaches to him and kneels down,

"Chimmy ah, look at me, did something happen? Is Jeongyeon ssi alright?"

Jimin nods, still crying.

Taehyung hugs him, "what happened?"

"Get me out of here Tae. I beg you", Jimin sobs in his friend's arm.

"Okay, let's go".

Even if I knew already
I can’t stop
No way no way no way
As time passes
It just becomes more ruined
No way no way it’s collapsing again

A house made of cards, and us, inside
( House of Cards by BTS)

-----
Hey readers, it's a pretty long chapter, but I hope you will enjoy. Vote and comment