Beyond Our Control

Jaebum and Jeongyeon are strolling at the beach, hand in hand. They are maintaining a safe distance from the water so that the waves barely touch their feet. The sun is already set but sky is still red. Jaebum suddenly stops and looks at Jeongyeon, the sea wind is playing with her hair. Jaebum tucks the hairlock behind her ear. She feels a bit odd, the way he touched her but lets him to do it anyway. This is the first time, they are this close physically and the tension is no joke. Jeongyeon even gets doubtful about the decision she has taken. She clearly has not seen this side of Jaebum. She now understands how thoughtful Jaebum has been through out all these years. How he never imposed him on her, because she was not ready for this. Now that he is permitted to do so, he is really surprising her with everything.

"You are beautiful" Jaebum snaps back the pretty woman back to the reality,

"Huh?", the flustered Jeongyeon replies

"I said you are beautiful", Jaebum repeats.

Jeongyeon gets a little uneasy with the sudden complement, she just shifts her gaze to the sea and says,

"May I ask you something Jaebum ssi?"

"What's with the formality? Ask", Jaebum leaves out soft chuckle.

"Why do you love me? What makes you love me?", Jeongyeon asks him looking straight into his eyes.

Honestly she wanted to ask this question since ages. What exactly impressed A guy like him?

Jaebum stares at her, surprised by her boldness, Jeongyeon usually avoids this type of conversation. He then smiles and tilt his head one side and cutely asks

"Do you want to know the truth? Or do you want me to please you?"

"How will you please me?", Jeongyeon laughs at his unexpected cuteness.

"I will tell you that I fall for you because you are beautiful. You are a confident, righteous, responsible but kind woman. I have never met anyone like you", Jaebum tells in one breath.

"Wow!! If this is to please me then I want to know the real reason", Jeongyeon replies with a shocked wide eyed expression.

Jaebum smiles more, "Honestly Yoo Jeongyeon, I have no reason, I just fell for you"

Looking at Jeongyeon's unimpressed face, Jaebum continues,"I don't think we need a reason to fall for someone, in fact we don't have reasons for not falling for someone too".

Jeongyeon looks at Jaebum, he is still smiling, "you must have tried hundred times to convince your heart to love me but you have failed and it shows".

The eyes of the lady alarm an upcoming flood situation. Jaebum cups her small face in his hands and says,

"Trust me Jeongyeon, I know how selfishly I hold on to you. Like you, I also have tried to convince myself to free you, but failed... failed to give up on you."

"Jaebum...", Jeongyeon can't finish her sentence and her voice breaks.

"Ssshhhh... you don't need to say anything, my love. I don't know why you suggested to date but I see no love for me in your eyes", a tear drops from his eyes.
It's painful for Jaebum to say those words from his own mouth. Jeongyeon starts sobbing now,
"I am sorry, I don't know why cant I?"

"Because love can neither be forced nor be reasoned. Love can't be planned or controlled", Jaebum wipes the tears of his lady love,"it just has a moment of realization, when you realize, you are already fell into deep"

He smiles looking at crying yet beautiful face. He is kind of happy that he is allowed to express his feelings towards her so openly. All the things he wanted to tell her but backed away due to her indifference.

"You know my love, when did I realize that I fell for you?" Jaebum asks teasingly.

Jeongyeon is still trying to breath normally and nods to him.

Yes, she wants to know.

Jaebum's voice gets serious, " that day.. no that night also, you were crying, no you are not crying, you were screaming in pain, pain of losing someone you love, pain of losing your sister"

Jaebum can vividly recall, Jeongyeon was the chief mourner. She did not shed a single tear in the ceremony, she looked ice cold. Some people assumed she went in a shock, some thought she didn't care about the loss. After all people left, after her mother and new born Jihyun slept, he saw Jeongyeon in garden. Her loud cry could pierce anyone's heart, she was angry at herself, angry at Jimin, angry at the misfortune her cousin had to go through, angry at their destiny. That night Jaebum controlled himself to stay at a distance but promised himself he won't ever let this woman cry again, never ever. That time Jaebum knew he cant see her in pain, he knew from then on, his own feelings would depend on how she feels.

"Let's try to work it out Jeongyeonah... if you still can't love me back I promise you, this time I won't hold you back", Jaebum's eyes spill, he can't help but feels sad even to think about that possibility.

Jeongyeon hugs him tight this time, it doesn't feel awkward anymore. She suddenly feels in her lonely world she has found a friend who knows her through and through, who hears her unsaid words.

"Let's try for it, together", she then buries her face in the crook of his neck.

"And don't blame yourself anymore, we can't control our feelings... love or not", Jaebum pats her head and hugs her tighter.

It's already dark now, both are approaching to the car parking. Their fingers are locked as they walk side by side,
"Sky is really clear tonight, lots of stars", as Jaebum says that Jeongyeon looks up to the sky.

"Yea lots of stars !! Why it looks so dark then?", she asks in a confused voice

"Because there is no moon tonight", Jaebum laughs at her innocence.

*****
I gave Jimin rest today. It's about Jaebum and Jeongyeon today. As we are already near to End. I hope in these last chapters to get lots of comments.