The Heart Hurts

Sowon Hospital

"What did you eat?", Jeongyeon asks her daughter who is lying on the hospital bed.

Jihyun just purses her lips, she knows she is in trouble and her father is in much bigger trouble. It was a great mistake!!! She prays for her father, who is going to face the wrath of Yoo Jeongyeon.

"You ate something from outside right? Omma prepared your lunch box, so no way she gave you carrots!!!", Jeongyeon confronts her daughter but the little girl still maintains silence.

"Kim Ji Hyun, I am asking you something !!!", Jeongyeon somehow controls her voice as they are in hospital but Jihyun clearly feels the anger.

"It was my fault", Jeongyeon turns around as the answer comes from the behind. Park Jimin is there with a worried face and a messy hair, it's clear that he has rushed here.

You are dead Appa, that was what Jihyun thought the moment she saw him at the door.

"Let's go outside", Jeongyeon says in a cold voice and dashes out of the room.

Jaebum has been sitting at the corridor, when he spots an angry Jeongyeon coming out of the ward, followed by Park Ji Min.

"I clearly told you she has a severe allergy of carrots, didn't I?", Jeongyeon is having a hard time not to shout.

"Yes you did", Jimin replies staring at the ground, feeling very much guilty.

Jaebum tries to calm down his fiance, but shuts up when she gives him a dont you dare to interfere look.

"If you are going to be this negligent, how may I send her with you to a foreign land?", Jeongyeon asks the person standing infront of her, hanging his head.

Jimin maintains silence.

"Don't stay silent. You are not even half busy here that you would be in Tokyo. How will I sleep with no worries, if you can't take care of these small things?
I am sorry to say but you were disappointing", Jeongyeon tears up.

She is about to leave when, Jimin calls her again from back, "Jeongyeon, I..."

"Don't call me again, I don't want to see your face", she says turning her back him and leaves.

That sentence, those words and her tone...it feels like they slash Jimin's heart into pieces.

Hotel Room

Its 8 PM now, the light is switched off but through the big glass window, moonlight is illuminating the room. Three soju bottles are spotted on the round table placed at the corner of the room, just beside the king size bed. A male figure is lying on the bed, spreading his limbs, he doesn't seem to be in a good condition. He is mumbling a name, again and again.

Sowon Hospital

"You can go home Miss", the doctor said to Jeongyeon.

"But my child is still here", she replies in a worried tone.

"It's nothing serious, we just kept her in observation for tonight, she can go home tomorrow", the doctor assures.

"But...", as Jeongyeon tries to refuse, the doctor cuts her off

"Our hospital policy doesn't allow relatives to stay, if the patient is not in serious state. Please come tomorrow Miss"

Jeongyeon gives up with a sigh. Once she is out of the hospital, she calls her mother,