Love is Thicker than Blood

Paternity test?
No need !!
The child peeking through the curtain, is a mini version of Park Jimin. His slanted eyes, puffy cheeks, plump lips, fluffy hair, she hasn't missed a single feature. The only thing she inherited from Dahyun is her ice pale skin. Jimin smiles at her and she innocently giggles in response.

"Aigoo.. uri Jihyun is so happy to see her father", a middle aged woman, sitting in the same room, claps happily.

But the whole scenario fails to amuse only one person there, Jeongyeon. She is already feeling awful to see Jihyun's father really has come to take her. She knows its selfish but she lowkey did wish Park Jimin to never find out about Jihyun, so she can keep her forever. But she clearly have lost the fight; the fight against her mother, her fiance, her would be mother-in-law, the whole society. She feels more annoyed when her mother asks Park Jimin,

"So when are you taking your daughter with you?"

Jimin didn't actually think that far. As he opens his mouth to reply, Jeongyeon intervenes,

"After I get assured that he can really take care of her"

The remark leaves Jimin dumbfounded, even Jaebum and Jeongyeon's mother gets embarrassed by her rude behavior.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, he is Jihyun's father", Jaebum tries to lighten the tensed atmosphere in the room.

" Exactly", Jeongyeon's mother agrees.

Jimin finally opens her mouth, "Look Jeongyeon ssi, I appreciate whatever you have done for Dahyun and my daughter, but you can't change the fact that I am her father, if only I knew about her before....."

But Jeongyeon scoffs at his excuse, "just because you were not informed Jimin ssi, you couldn't be oblivious of your actions"

That's it, Jimin is insulted enough by this woman. He is about to fire back but then he hears a timid and scared voice,

" why are you fighting with father, omma??", little Jihyun asks Jeongyeon.

"Omma !!!", Jimin stares at Jeongyeon.

She lifts the child in her arms and says, " Omma will explain to you later okay, let's go to your room for now"

As they leave, Jimin looks at Jaebum who is staring at the ground and then Jeongyeon's mother who looks terrified at Jimin's angry gaze.

" I objected , I told her it was a bad idea" she defends herself immediately.

"Why Dahyun's daughter calls you omma?" Jimin questions her as soon as Jeongyeon steps in the room.

"Why? Do you want her to declare herself an orphan and get bullied in school?She got enough trouble for not having a dad", she retorts.

Park Jimin can't take it anymore and storms out of the house. Im Jaebum runs after him, calling his name. He holds Jimin's hand to stop him but Jimin shakes if off in anger,
"I know I am wrong but God's sake I am her father but that woman...."

"I know , I know please calm down", Jaebum begs.

Jimin takes deep breath, "I think I have to file a court case"

The very thing Jaebum has been trying to avoid all this time, " No, no Jimin ssi, that's not a good idea"

"Why not? I am Jihyun's biological father and I am financially stable. I have more chances to win" Jimin reasons out.

" That's true but Jihyun will be dragged into this, she is only five years old" Jaebum's words silence him.

Jaebum, then assures him that he will negotiate with Jeongyeon and gives Jimin a ride to his hotel.

At Night

The man on other side of the screen is munching melons, it's not clear he is at all listening to Jimin's whining or not.

"Tae!!! Are you even paying attention?" Jimin shouts.

" Owww!! Jiminah don't shout. I heard you clear but I don't get what is the problem?" Tae casually cleans his mouth with a tissue.

" What's the problem?? That woman is the problem!!!" Jimin is again shouting.

But Tae is calm like ice, " Look Jimin, I think she really loves Jihyun , she wants her to be safe , it's just she doesn't trust you with her, just because you are the father, it doesn't mean she has to trust you blindly"

Not being pleased with his explanation, Jimin just rolls his eyes.

Tae tries to calm him down, "I think she is just being protective..."

"She's not being protective, she's being possessive", Jimin slams.

" Whatever!! Okay forget about the woman, think about Jihyun", Tae suggests.

"What about Jihyun?"

" Jiminah, she is just five years old and never have seen you before. Do you really think she will leave her familiar people, familiar place just because you are her father?"

This makes Jimin rethink.

" Better you spend some time there, know each other, then you will also gain the confidence to be a father, a good one.
Jimin you took fifteen days leave, if you want I will help you to extend that upto one month. But it's about your child, don't rush, give her some time, give yourself some time. Don't snatch her from someone she loves dearly rather win her"

Tae tries his best to make his bestfriend understand the sensitivity of the situation.

"I think you are right", Jimin finally agrees with him and bids Tae a good night. He is also about to sleep but his phone starts ringing.

"Yes, Jaebum ssi" Jimin answers the call

"Jimin ssi, I have talked with Jeongyeon, she has a condition", hesitation is evident in Jaebum's voice.

"What condition?" Jimin asks.

"You have to stay at their house and so that you can know Jihyun better, before you leave with her to Tokyo" Jaebum's voice is shaking in embarrassment.

"Okay, I agree" Jimin replies in a calm voice.

"What?" Jaebum can't believe his ears.

"I will be moving there tomorrow, inform her" Jimin ends the call.

--------
Third update of today. I am on a roll today, so many ideas are popping up. Nowadays I find weird satisfaction in writing.