You all tried to ran backwards, fighting the forward motion of the belt. However, no matter how fast everyone ran, Andy's toys began to slowly creep closer to the edge of the belt that led into the fiery room.

"Sheriff! The button!" Lotso gasped as he looked overhead. He grabbed onto a thick staircase, holding on for dear life. 'Help me!"

"Come on! Go. Go!" Woody demanded, giving the bear a firm boost. "Hit the button! Hurry!" Everyone watched as the bear quickly climbed to the top, but he froze. He stared at you all with a blank face, refusing to move. Woody continued to plead, "Just push it! Push it!"

"Push it!" Buzz demanded angrily.

You gasped in horror as you saw Lotso's twisted, evil smirk quickly form on his face. "Where's your kid now, Sheriff?" He spat before turning his back to walk into the darkness, out of the room completely to us freedom.

"No!" Woody howled, but it was far too late. There was nothing left to be done. Lotso left, the button was never pressed, and the conveyor belt finally pushed you and your friends over the edge. Everyone went tumbling down onto the massive pile of garbage that slowly began to spill into the enormous, sweltering bonfire in the center of the room.

Desperation and panic rattled everyone to their very core. There had to be an escape, there just had to be. There always was one! Some kind of last minute miracle that needed to happen right then and there. The toys frantically tried to scramble back up the slowly descending garbage pile, but it was no use as each toy eventually tumbled back downward a if no progress had ever been made.

"Buzz! What do we do?" You heard Jessie yell. You stopped fighting the garbage pile to look over at Buzz. He sent you a worried look before turning to Jessie, simply holding out his hand to her. The toys began to grab another's hand, forming a giant link. You grabbed Buzz's free hand, then turned to Woody.

He stopped struggling to escape when he saw everyone's pained faces of fear and utter defeat. The cowboy eyed each individual handhold, but he mostly eyed you and Buzz as his face fell. You sent him a pained look of anguish as you slowly extended your hand to him. The cowboy silently grabbed your hand and turned to set next to you, facing the terrifying fire only feet away.

The seconds began to tick by painfully slow. Toys began to clench their eyes shut, bracing themselves for their imminent combustion. Some froze up and locked into place, while others turned their heads towards one another in final embrace. As Jessie rested her head on Buzz's shoulder and he rested his chin on the top of her hat, you and Woody turned to each other.

He stared deep into your eyes just the same as you did with his. His grip on your hand tightened as he sent you  guilty expression, one that apologized for everything that had happened, everything that led up to this moment of demise. You could tell he was beating himself up over it, for breaking his promise of getting everyone home safely. For breaking the unspoken promise that he would always lead everyone back to where they needed to be no matter what. And, for those reasons, being the cause of the searing fate to strike in seconds.

You wanted to speak, to reassure him one last time that everything would be alright, but the words couldn't form. The roar of the blazing bonfire was too loud. Your heart and mind were too plagued with terror and panic. There just wasn't enough time for anything. Not to breath, not to think, not to speak. Not even a second to let your heart give one final beat, it seemed. So instead, all you could do was look at him one last time, give him your expression of hopelessness and failure as you finally gave up the fight after all this time, after all these years. You even failed to ever tell him how you truly felt.

Woody looked deep into your eyes once more, his apology for the last time, before removing his hand from yours to wrap his arm around your waist. He pulled you tightly against his body, as flush as you could possibly be against him. With your now free hand, you reached up to cup his cheek as you, too, looked deeply into his eyes for the last time, a sight you would miss so dearly. The cowboy pressed his forehead to yours, both your eyes and his finally clenching shut just like everyone else's.