Chapter 79: Filler: Day's with Mamoru (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Somewhat." Mamoru offered, then started walking while glancing down at her bare feet. "You didn't wear shoes again?"

She shook her head, "No. I won't do it."

"That's a nasty habit." Mamoru stated, reaching out and grabbing her by the sleeve of her dress as she tried to wonder off again. "What the hell are you looking at?"

"I don't care," She mumbled back before looking back up at him. "The ocean is blue, right?" He sighed and nodded. "But water is clear. Why is the ocean blue but water clear?"

"It, uh, reflects the sky." His scowl deepened. At this rate he'll be getting wrinkles within the year.

"Why can't we go over to the other side of the island?" She asked, her steps becoming hops as she chased after Mamoru's long strides.

"There's big beasts over there and you wouldn't last a second over there." Mamoru answered, seeing the bar come into sight.

"I saw an orange butterfly today. Some pirate told me it was called a Monarch Butterfly. She was a really nice lady." Katsu mused, looking up at Mamoru. "Unlike you."

"Damn brat," He scowled at the child, who blinked at him with a monotone face. "You can't be sneaking off from the bar. As a matter of fact, you should earn your keep. From now on, you'll be helping run the bar."

She frowned, but didn't say much else on the matter as they neared the door.

"Today I'll have you running out orders to customers." Mamoru added as he opened the door and entered, glancing behind to make sure Katsu followed in after.

"Whatever." She mumbled.

...................................................................

It was past four in the morning and Mamoru was already asleep. Katsu sat at the dinner table with the light on with a frown on her face. She had woken up from a nightmare and had refused to go back to sleep. She kept seeing the same image in her head taunting her and she didn't like the feeling she got from it.

So instead, Katsu found some paper and a pen lying around and was drawing some pictures. It started off fine until she stopped and actually looked at the last picture she had absentmindedly drew.

A chill ran up her spine and she dropped the pencil and pushed the paper away from her. Her heart was starting to speed up as the image came back to her head again.

The dream flashed in her head again, making her clench her head and shake it with a whimper.

Over and over it replayed.

A woman with long hair approaching her, the woman's face too blurry to see the details. Her arms outstretched, then a flash and the woman lying on the ground covered in red. Red liquid pooling around the woman, then covering Katsu's hands. Then nothing for a few seconds before it replayed.

"No. No. No." Katsu whimpered, shaking her head as her eyes began to sting and get blurry. "I don't want to see it. I want- I want something.... something..." She shook her head, trying to replace the image with other things Yume has described as pretty. "Pretty...."

Warm liquid ran down her face, startling her as she reached a hand up and wiped at it. Then her nose began running along with her eyes. Sniffles escaped her as she couldn't appear to hold in this liquid as the image replayed.

The sniffling managed to wake Mamoru, who was a light sleeper. He blinked his eye awake and looked around before crawling out of bed. Opening his door he could see the light from the dining room on, making him scowl as he blinked his eye to adjust.

Finding Myself (One Piece Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara