Chapter 21 - The station

Start from the beginning

"Yes." I nod my head.

"Very well." He opens his notepad and grabs a pen. "Your full name."

"Charlie Evana Raven."

"Date of birth."

This is pointless, why are they asking me stupid questions as if I don't know who I am? I answer everything, name, date of birth, address, what next? Last time I went to the bathroom?

"Alright Miss Raven, what can we help you with today?"

I explain everything to the officers sitting in front of me. I start from the very beginning of when Tyler and I first started seeing each other until just one week ago. Officer Roberts writes everything down while officer asshole just shoots me daggers the entire time.

"When you say Tyler Bradley, you mean the son of our head police officer here at the station?"

"Yes sir." I nod my head.

"Bullshit." Officer Dennis blurts out "Come on tell the truth there is no way he put his hands on you. Why don't you tell us the truth?"

"I-I am telling you the truth." I stutter caught off guard.

"I think what really happened is he dumped you and want some kind of revenge."

"Revenge?" I ask shaking my head "Why would I want revenge? I broke up with him. I'm telling you the truth."

"We hear it all the time Charlie, he raped me, he beat me and none of its true it's all down to a stupid woman wanting her revenge."

"Officer Dennis." Officer Roberts snaps.

"You want the truth or not?" He snaps back and then turns back to me. "Tell the truth Raven, he didn't put his hands on you, and if he did, you wanted it."

"Excuse me?" I stand up "I'm telling you the truth."

"Drop the act kid, no one believes you even if you are telling the truth."

Feeling my eyes fill with tears I run to the door and push it open, exiting the station as quickly as possible.

"Charlie." Officer Bradley calls after him from his office.

I ignore him and continue on to my car.

I arrive at the garage and pull my car into the driveway, jump out and make my way into the shop.

"Mom." I yell. The tears following down my cheeks once again.

"She's not here" Zayd yells from the back area of the garage. "She's gone for lunch." He adds softly as he steps into the main area where I'm standing and looks at me, taking in my emotions.

"Can you tell her to call me when she gets back please?" I turn quickly and walk out of the garage.

"Charlie wait," He calls after me and before I know it, he's right behind me. "What's the matter? Why are you crying?"

"They don't believe me." I tell him, my back still facing him.

"Who?"

"The police, they don't believe me, they said I'm lying and they want me to take back my statement."

"You didn't take it back, did you?" He questions.

"No." I turn to face him. "But I'm going to. This is why I told you I didn't want to tell anyone in the first place, no one believes me." My fists curl into balls. "But you kept pushing me telling me it was the right thing to do," I yell as the tears begin falling once again.

"I should have just kept this to myself, he's going to get away with it anyway and now everyone thinks I'm liar on top of that." I sob.

He sighs as he pulls me into his arms and strokes the back of my hair. "He won't get away with this, I promise" he says protectively.