Chapter 1:

Let me tell you a story about what happened a long time ago. . .
There were two girls, two girls who were chosen to do special things. These things were exact opposites. One of them could control water, and the other could control fire. The girls lived far from each other, one in the Aztec Empire and the other in a Cherokee village. The two had no clue of each other's existence until one day.
---------------------------------
PART 1:
"Good morning!", I yelled at the top of my lungs. You see it was my job to wake up every one in my home. Today was special, because today was the day I would leave. I was old enough and I had been chosen. I would search for other people and kill them to sacrifice them to our gods. No one would ever expect me to be able to kill them, I was just a girl, only 14 moons old at that.
Everyone began to wake up, this was going to be the worst part, the goodbyes. Everyone would come and they would all be sad, and the worst part is, I wouldn't be. I couldn't be sad. The morning air was hot, but then again it was always hot here. It was the take of the give and take relationship we made with our gods.
We had needed someone to protect us. The gods said that we would be fine, but my village did not believe them. So they sent me. A girl who looked perfectly normal, but was the exact opposite of that. I had hair as black as the darkest night, and eyes that were a bright watery blue. I guess that was the only thing that could maybe, just maybe, give it away. I wasn't too tall, but I wasn't very short either, just average. Anyways, what made me "special" was the fact that I could control water, it would move at my command, spinning, twisting, shooting. . . and what I will make it do starting tomorrow, strangling, stabbing. It hurts me to think of it, but that's how I was made.
Here come the goodbyes now. "Oh Elena, I'll miss you soooooo much!", said Alex crying. "I'll miss you too." I said without an inch of feeling. She looked at me, her eyes full of tears, and then mine, pits of nothingness. I had no family here, so there wasn't really anyone I had to wait for. I decided I would leave, I couldn't take anymore goodbyes. "Alex I really will miss you I just can't feel that kind of pain, I have to go. Tell everyone I miss them too, but I can't stand feeling nothing. Goodbye."
I stepped out into the hot air, feeling it immediately. The heat weakened my power slightly, but where I was going, I would feel cool winds and cold creeks and rivers. I set off heading north. I felt the temperature change as soon as I left our area, the cooling temperature filled me with joy.
I decided that since there were no tribes for a while now I could use my ability to speed up the process. I felt the water in the air and sent two spiraling jets of water behind me. I felt the ground lift out from under me as the water reached the ground. I was jetting straight forward my water spirals holding me. I was close to the next village before I knew it.
A/N I know the first chapter is short, but bare with me. It's my first story.