I could sense that he loathed even the thought of me, and I don't know if it was because of how I looked or if he had a belief that he was superior to everyone else by virtue of his birth–much like I have been told–and he didn't wish to be assigned a weaker opponent to live with forevermore.

He exuded a cloud of doom around him that proved he had left humanity for good, and all that power with such little grace, was utterly toxic. Perhaps, without that vulgar side he possessed, he could have been handsome, strong even, but that coldness he held made him the ugliest damn thing in the universe.

His footsteps are heavy and quick as I watch the shadows he makes, and when they creep closer to my bedroom, I flinch. The hatch opens with a hiss and I don't bother to pretend to sleep as the light crawls into my room. Kylo's silhouette is sleek and fluid, the light behind not being able to enlighten his face entirely.

He isn't slumped, his body is clearly too muscular for that as he stands tall, cloaked and all–his helmet held tightly in his right hand. He's half in the shadow and half in the light, but I can still see the way his eyes lock into mine. Though, when they squint slightly, I realise he can't actually see that I am awake in my room's darkness... but he can most likely sense the fear building within my soul.

Something flashed beneath the surface of his hardened expression and I hurried to investigate the sudden shift but it was too late, the emotion disappeared before I could identify it. For now he only stands a flowing outline of black; I contemplate for a second. Why was he just watching?

Then, all at once he was gone with just the turn of fabric–returning me back into darkness as the hatch closes after him and soon after, heavy treading leads to the sounds of the entrance opening and closing.

He's gone–but I still wait two more hours in my bed to make sure he was truely.

When I cannot wait any longer, I savour my last warm moments in this tiny bed as I burrow myself closer into the clean, soft sheets. I rub the remainders of sleep from my eyes and curse to myself quietly as I rip the blanket off my skin, forcing myself off the mattress and introducing my feet to chilled tiles.

The outlines of his quarters look the same as it did yesterday, untouched and uncomfortable. I stand stable in the middle of such a large space, not sure what to do with myself in such an unwelcoming environment. I glance at the other hatch: Kylo's room, and as soon as I've looked, I tear my gaze away–afraid of even the thought of going in.

But I would have to one day. Though, Kylo had acted like he wanted nothing to do with me, I recall General Hux telling him to complete his requirements, which I knew was to be him stretching my legs open and filling me with his successor.

I grimace at the mere thought, but further wondered where Kylo's value lies: with the First Order or his distaste of me... for I hope once more it is the latter, and that I would never have to step foot in the room behind that hatch.

I sigh.

With nothing to do out here and the fear to touch anything laying heavily on my shoulders, I make my way back to my room and huff loudly as I sit on my bed. I guess I should get dressed and comb my hair, for I don't wish to sense an even heavier weight of disgust when Kylo returns.

Once done, all I am left with is the galaxy's gleam and the never ending tick of the clock which is driving me mad as more hours are lost–along with my patience. The room had dwindled to a barely perceptible lightening of the stars gloom, and with the twinkling I can only see taunt in their shine. Only silence lingers in the air and I shiver in the claustrophobic space, as a small sigh of anxiety leaps out of my mouth.