•7•

"Well, I could always use you as ransom could I not?" Lucien joked, but Maia looked ready to pass out from stress.

"S-she's evil? You need at least 25K- but you can only pay in chocolate gold coins" Lucien genuinely was curious how much 25k would buy in those cheap chocolates.

Maia felt a large hand touch her waist, as Lucien looked down at her cute outfit-

A vicious growl had Maia ready to pee herself. Why did he keep growling like that? Her lie wasn't believable, that's why!

"Why aren't you wearing any pants?" He asked slowly between clenched teeth.
Maia glanced up curiously with a cute face full of confusion.

"I am though? These are my kitty shorts!" She huffed in indignation. Who goes out without pants?

Oh yeah. This pervert!

"You're the pant-less one Mister" Maia pointed out, not looking down again. Her head might pop.

"Where do you live?" Lucien growled, grabbing her by the hips before throwing her over his shoulder, not even expecting an answer as Maia cried out.

He's like a caveman! Maia didn't like how close her butt was to his face...
He acts like a butt face... now he literally is one?

Maia giggled, catching Lucien's attention at her playful demeanor. His lip twitched, unable to help how the sweet sound made him also want to smile.
He easily followed her scent to a small cottage- another warm scent resides inside as well.
A female.

Her mother?

Lucien didn't even bother knocking, or even setting Maia down, walking straight inside as if he owned he damn place.
He certainly owned one of the people living inside.

"Kitten, go wake up your mom yeah?" He said, setting her down.

Maia froze.

She slowly looked up at Lucien. Her big hazel eyes made Lucien also pause as he took in the endless sorrow swimming beneath their surface.
Then she looked at her feet, her tiny hands nervously fumbling with each other.

"I'll go wake up Noona" Maia nodded before moving up the stares like a zombie.

Go wake up your mom

Her heart ached. A nasty ache she didn't like feeling anymore. Why was it back?

Maia walked straight into her Noona's room where the elderly woman rested peacefully.
Maia stared blankly for a moment, taking in her features as if it may be the last.
It might.

She doesn't like the chest ache.

Her eyes watered a little, as she crouched and gently shook her Noona.
The elderly woman slowly opened her eyes in surprise to see her granddaughter teary eyed and looking at her with such longing and sorrow, it reminded her of the little girl from so long ago who often came in her room to rid herself of plaguing nightmares.

"Noona, m-my m-mate is downstairs... uh... I-I don't know what to do" she mumbled softly, truly unsure what to do.

Should she run to Bi?
Hide?

Her Noona sat up straight, shocked and surprised as she sniffed the air and froze.

The distinct smell she would never forget. No wolf forgets.

The smell of a Lycan...!

"Dear... are you sure... your mate is downstairs?" Noona tried to make sure her nose hadn't finally given out on her.
She nearly wanted to just try and go back to sleep and pray this wasn't real.
But Maia nodded her head.