•29•

Maia stiffened, blood rushing to her cheeks, causing a slight flutter in heart.
His scent wrapped around her like a blanket, and with the run and the close proximity of her mate, her wolf was purring like a hefty cat.
Coconut and pineapple.
A mate will smell the most appealing to their counterpart, so whatever scent they took, it was unique to their mate. No one else smelt what she did, it was just so to bring them closer.

In every aspect, he appealed to her.

Selene, the Moon Goddess, is truly miraculous. No two humans could experience this, unless the human was partnered to a supernatural.
Even then... their senses couldn't give them what Maia was feeling so deeply.
Her body buzzed at his touch, his scent sent her delirious, his appearance was rivalling an immortal.
He had a possessive and controlling temper, but he was intelligent and steady. There truly was nothing which did not compliment himself to Maia.

Maia looked from under her lashes, up at his sharp but heated gaze. His full lips tilted up into a mind numbing smirk that made her knees feel weak.
A small piece of his hair carelessly caressed his forehead, teasing Maia with such a casual yet seductive style.
Maia's own lips curled, her mood lifting impossibly high.

Why worry so much... with a man like this?

Maia lifted onto her tiptoes, her eyelashes fluttering sweetly.
Lucien couldn't help but press her soft body a little closer, holding her weight easily.
Her palms pressed flat against his chest.

"How about a kiss?" Maia felt absolutely exhilarated.
It wouldn't be their first kiss... or even...
yet she felt truly alive. Adored.
Lucien wasted no time in lifting his little mate higher so he could crash his lips to hers.
Maia let out a soft gasp, which Lucien took initiative to let his tongue slip past and tease her own.
Maia lifted her legs to wrap more securely around his waist, which his hands gripped her ass tightly.
Her hands wandered, twisting into the soft hair which teased her earlier, and the fire ignited.

Lucien parted from her lips to kiss down her chin, nipping and earning a little laugh.

"I don't think a kiss will cut it, that shirt is fairly pricy" Lucien was not usually a man to joke. He even earned himself the nickname "Woodblock" by Micheal in his early years.
In front of his mate though, he felt oddly young.
As if this was his first date, and he was a nervous teen eager to please and hear his girl laugh.

Maia laughed indeed, happily hugging his head to her chest.

"Then... I should pay up!" Maia's laugh sounded like angels playing the harp to Lucien's ears.
"How about... 10k?" She mused sweetly, giving a small yelp when Lucien nipped her Mark.

"You're right Daddy... 10k in chocolate coins!" Maia giggled happily when Lucien gave a small growl before he couldn't hold his own laughter.

It felt like a peaceful bubble.

And it unfortunately popped.

A mind link came from a high ranking warrior.

Alpha. News has been found, regarding the vampire you've sent inquires on.

*******

A/n: Don't hate me! I promise I intend to update more frequently, I just got sidetracked by a new hobby!
(It might be translated Chinese novels?)

To get back into my usual mood, give me some werewolf recommendations! I love a happy romance, with good intentions regarding the pairs.
I dislike the whole "he's the alpha and she's a human, so he tries to reject her, etc." Or the "only about 5 million misunderstandings will occur before we get any sweetness and romance. The sort of misunderstandings which can totally be resolved with a little communication and trust!"

I love a female protagonist who is compassionate but doesn't deny herself love and happiness. We have Maia and Bambi who have lots of growth they need to go through, and I love character growth in stories. I'm still getting the main story into a roll before these things can take place in Lucien, so lots to look forward to!