•16•

"I don't understand! I don't understand what it happening" Micheal growled in fury and heart ache.

He had chased his sweet little mate- only to find her near death on the forest floor- bleeding from the wrist and damage she had caused herself.
She didn't even let him explain! Tell her it was a misunderstanding and he loved her.
She dashed out, and tried to end herself.

She rejected her wolf from healing her!

Now he was overtaken by rage, as he stared at her sleeping form, patched up, laying on his bed.

Veronica's corpse was disposed of- killed for trespassing and attempting to harm his mate.

She looked so pale and fragile- even more breakable, in a bed that engulfed her small form.
Micheal was pacing, confused, angry, unsure of what to do with such aggression.

Payten finally appeared. The bastard had taken long enough after the pack doctor had left.

"What do I do!?" Micheal was damn near tears kneeling beside the bed and holding a tiny limp hand.
Payten shook his head sadly, also shocked the little girl would do something so drastic.

He'd understand if she tried to kill Micheal, but not herself.

It was all confusing.

"Luna and Alpha are coming. Luna is marked now. You're mate would be too if you weren't such a whore" Payten calmly commented despite the roar of fury from Micheal.
But Micheal couldn't attack, because he also knew, Payten was right.
He wasn't composed like Lucien who silently went insane, instead, he used women to help calm him. He never hated the thought of such an act until this day.

She had been unconscious for 15 hours. Still not waking!
Only her steady heartbeat kept his rationality in check.

Then he sensed his Alpha and Luna. He didn't bother getting up to greet them, knowing Lucien wouldn't be too upset over lack of formalities in this instance.
Lucien carried Maia, as she sat in his arms nearly about to burst into tears.

When Lucien released her, she sprinted to the bed before Micheal appeared in a protective stance over his mate with a growl- halting Maia.

"Get over yourself Micheal, let them meet. This is your fault" Lucien hissed in anger. He was disappointed in his friend, and also upset he was losing time with his still weakened mate. She would still need lots of rest and care after the marking.

Maia didn't care, as she quickly went around the other side of the bed to lay beside Bambi.

The males watched, all in anticipation, as shockingly, Bambi stirred at Maia's presence. Her eyes fluttering open slowly as Maia leaned down over her.
A small whine left Bambi as Micheal was about to go over when Lucien put a hand on his shoulder, shaking his head.
Filling Micheal with despair. He had caused this. This was his fault.

He'd gladly slaughter all the women he had slept with if it made her believe him.

Maia smiled in relief.

"Such a trouble maker- don't you remember our promise? We'll become old ladies together remember? You don't have any grey hair yet" Bambi stared blankly at Maia- before lifting her uninjured arm and signed a few things to Maia.

Maia's eyes widened as she watched Bambi tell her something only Maia knew.
Micheal vowed to learn sign language after this.

Maia patiently took all the information in before nodding, and then her face contorted with rage.

Her eyes looked up to glare directly at Micheal.

"If you don't want her, say it! Don't toy with what you shouldn't. Bibi's been hurt enough already" Maia growled protectively over Bambi. Who still wouldn't look at Micheal.

The males grew increasingly confused.

Lucien spoke, "Kitten, what does that mean? We won't understand unless you tell us" He cooed softly.
Maia calmed at her mate's voice and presence. Still on guard though of Bambi.
Lucien was somewhat proud. She was already exhibiting signs of a Luna. Protecting her pack.

Bambi trembled, not ready for such things to ever be uttered into the world again.

Maia stared in concern at her friend. She didn't want to lose Bambi... hasn't she lost enough already?

"Sometimes monsters are real" Maia murmured lowly, petting Bambi's fluffy hair that was slightly damp. She wasn't looking up. Wasn't looking at anything but Bambi's watery green eyes.
Maia sighed, before she finally did raise her head.
Her eyes glistening with tears before facing Micheal.

"Fix it" Maia hissed, before kissing Bambi and sliding from the bed to leave. Giving privacy.
She ran straight into Lucien's awaiting arms.

Lucien nodded at Micheal, who for the first time, had a terrified look. Scared to face his mate.