•32•

Calloused hands ran through soft light tresses, teasing out the small tangles.
Dark eyes stared down at the pale sleeping face below, drinking in the features of the young woman.
Too early for light to pierce the horizon, Lucien had no intentions on waking Maia, yet he couldn't stop the urge to feel and see her.
When he had first met this girl, his mate, it seemed too simple. The ominous foreboding the screwed Grandma was playing at, how could the Moon Rose be so delusional to write off a vampire attack as a rogue?
Was it planned to disguise the disgusting past of a vampire loving a mates werewolf?
Felice De Lamorè, a Noble vampire, and over 1,000 years old. Apart of the Vampire Council, and not a simple character.

It's no wonder he was able to infiltrate the pack so inconspicuous, yet the audacity of this vile character is enough to drive him wild with blood lust.

A meeting would be held with the WCCP, it will have to be brought to the attention of multiple councils- Lucien even thought of using the assistance of Cecilia, a slightly eccentric but not unreasonable witch.
Her abilities were not to be slighted, and she also owes a favor, making her a good candidate to confide in for ways to protect Maia.
If it were a normal werewolf, without rank, the council wouldn't take action- much like how they did with her mother- but this time is unacceptable.
To wish harm, to wish anything, onto an Alpha's mate, is courting death. It wouldn't matter if it was the god damn Vampire King himself, because even Vampire's have 'mates', or beloved, as they so fancifully refer to it as.

The small figure stirred within his arms, making Lucien snap out of his inner thoughts and plans. Gazing as the grumbling woman shifting around, Lucien felt his lips twitch, a grin threatening to cover his face.
The hair he so meticulously detangled was being so rudely nested up again due to her terrible sleeping manners.
Two sleepy eyes opened, a glossy gaze met his own, and the grin he tried so desperately to suppress finally appeared, his heart softening indefinitely.

"Good morning baby" A husky masculine voice greeted Maia as she woke. The hoarseness and underlying teasing were familiar and comforting.
Not agreeing to this too early morning, she opted for plan B- keep sleeping in this warmth.
Her mate seemed to run an impossibly hotter temperature than her own, yet it felt so suitable to cultivate her beauty sleep.
Burying her face back into the firm and smooth chest, Maia sighed in content.
She briefly noted his hands wrapping more firmly around her, and believed her denial to wake was accepted.
Until she felt a very obvious hardness pressing into her stomach, and a low growl vibrate the chest she was smashed into.
Tensing for a moment, Maia cautiously opened her eyes again, a bit annoyed at the interruptions to her dreams.

"Sleep" a soft grumbling command came from the little woman uncaringly soaking up his body heat.
Narrowing his eyes at the command, Lucien felt like poking this sleeping cub, and riling it up a bit.
So he did, as he ran a gentle touch down her spine, and enjoying the shivers her body racked with.

Though he wasn't expecting a slap to his chest, as her angry and sleepy gaze shot through him, as if he was some heinous criminal.
A soft and otherwise cute growl cute escaped her slightly parted pink lips, "I said to sleep!" Maia felt incredibly vexed to have her sleep interrupted thrice!
Does this giant believe he can simply tease without consequence?!

The handsome face of her mate twisted faster than she was prepared for, and she was shoved from her side to her back in a flash, her gaze now looking up at the snarl and bared sharpened canines gleaming with a wicked atmosphere.
Maia felt very much awake now, as she nearly choked on her own air.
She might've even suspected this man was a bit bipolar!

"Did you just order me?" His voice and face told her to say 'of course not! I'm sorry!' But her heart told her that he had no right to mess with her sleep so casually.
An inner battle ensued, and with a haughty glare, Maia retorted.
"Yes! I want to sleep!" Her tone took on a sassy chime, but the small twitch in her mate's dark eyes, had a small bubble of excitement rising inside her.

Was it a wolf thing? She'd never disobeyed her Noona, Alpha, or Luna, yet she felt completely safe provoking him.

"I'd suggest you fix that bratty little attitude before I fix it for you over my knee"
His tone went cold, and his facial expressions disappeared similarly. Leaving a nearly paralyzing air around them, and despite being pressed to the bed with his hot body, Maia felt an indescribable chill roll down her back.
The look in his eyes didn't seem to be joking either...

Whether it was because she was quick to leave a scene where she'd lose, or because she truly didn't want to see the damage which he'd deal through such a threat, Maia wavered.
Wasn't this an unnecessary issue?

"You're grumpier than a donkey" with a frowning pout, Maia painted a gorgeous and spoiled picture.

Lucien wasn't entirely certain he'd really just heard himself compared to a mule- but his wolf took her lowered eyes and slightly stretched neck as submission- though who knows if even his wolf is weak to this cuteness or not.
Calming himself slightly, Lucien gripped her chin and lightly grazed her lips with a soft kiss, before his hand moved to her thigh and giving a swift slap.

Maia yelped, not entirely from pain but undoubtedly shocked.

"You have to the count of three to get up and go shower, or I'll happily shower you myself" Lucien smiled, but in Maia's eyes, it was ominous!
Before he could even start to count, Maia scrambled from out below him to crawl her way off the bed in a panic.
"Not letting you! You'll do something mean" her small rant while scrambling to the bathroom was amusing enough for Lucien to relax.

The issue now remained, how should he approach the topic of the blood sucker?