"It's been way too long! I totally forgot that you play for City," Wynter exclaimed as she unclasped herself from Leroy. "I've missed you so much, Lele!"

"Of course you missed me and I know well that you're so forgetful," he rolled his eyes in a joking manner, earning a light smack from the french player. "Ouch! I was kidding! Of course, I've missed you too. Plus, Mendy is really excited that we're playing against Liverpool today – mostly because you're on the team now."

"Oh yeah," Wynter made a mental note in her head to catch her international teammate before the game commenced. 

"Anyway, how's life been treating you here in England?"

She inhaled a deep breath. "It's been good, I guess. I mean, I'm literally going to be playing against you in the next few minutes. I never would I have thought about that in a million years back in Germany."

"Same goes for me. I'm happy for you, you know? You're living your best life as a female football player," he bumped her shoulder, making her giggle.

"Yeah. I guess I am,"  she sighed, her laughter soon dying down. "but let's see how long it lasts."

While Leroy soon offered to escort Wynter to Liverpool's medic area, his arm lazily slung over her shoulder as they wandered through the hallways, Trent just so happened to walk by and immediately halted in his tracks when he witnessed the two in such close proximity. His body tensed up, a peng a jealousy striking throughout his figure as he watched Wynter and Leroy interact with one another as if they were longtime friends (which they were).

Maybe the defender was overreacting at the interaction between the two players, maybe he acted quite possessive over someone that had yet to be his own though deep down he knew he wasn't keen on seeing Wynter with any other guy even if they didn't wield the romantic intentions on the french player as he did. 

With a neutral expression drawn on his face, the defender headed towards the home changing rooms. He entered the room and was greeted by the sound of the loud voices of his friends, players over-voicing one another within their conversations. When they noticed his presence in the room, he was rapidly met by demanding questions from his teammates.

"Trent, why the glum face?" Bobby asked as Trent walked over to his station.

"It's nothing, I'm good," his voice barely came out as a whisper.

Joe laughed. "It's probably because he saw Winnie with a City player," when he didn't receive a retort from Trent, he realised his theory had been correct. He slowly formed an o shape with his mouth, holding back another laugh. "Oh my God, I think someone's jealous of a City player!"

"Am not!"

"Sure, Trent, sure," Sadio nodded though the scouse could tell that his teammate's intentions were sarcastic. "Who was it anyway?"

Trent scoffed, shaking his head. "Leroy Sané," he pronounced with such bitterness in his tone.

"Oh, Sané? I'm not going to lie to you, Wynter and Leroy would make a good-looking couple," Gini commented. When the scouse sent him a glance of confusion, the Dutchman let out a chuckle, arms already raised in surrender. "Woah, calm down. I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Whatever," he leaned his back on the wall behind him. "Why would you guys even think I'm jealous of some player?" Trent questioned.

"Well, first of all, that reaction you just gave Gini," Andy pointed out from his corner, making everyone else laugh. Embarrassment soon dawned over the scouse, his cheeks displaying a dash of rose. "Secondly, you are literally always like that whenever you see Winnie with another player. That's what kind of gave everyone the tip that you liked her."