Chapter 4

Recap:

"I know you think this is insane, but you have a very high chance of being happy with him. He will use all of his, admittedly considerable power to make sure you are happy." He cajoled.

Clayton's return cut off anything she could have said to that troubling statement. Victoria's mind was a whirlpool of thoughts and emotions, she was so out of her element here, so unaware of this aspect of life.

Chapter 4

"Come on, we're leaving." Clayton grabbed her arm and began walking back to his vehicle.

Who was he to order her around like she had no will of her own? She was capable enough of handling herself and didn't need another dictator in her life. Seth was bad enough. Huffing out of frustration, Victoria stumbled to a stop and yanked her arm out of Clayton's iron grip. 

"You cannot order me around like your personal slave!" She hissed at an impassive Clayton.

"You are not getting an option. My girl lives with me." He snarled at her, grabbed Victoria and quickly pushed her into the passenger seat of the car. Quickly getting into the car he pulled out of the parking lot and into the traffic outside.

Deciding to try her luck, she slowly edged her hand to open the seatbelt. All the while staring straight ahead, she needed to fool the delusional man in the car with her.

"Don't you dare move that hand another inch." His menacing voice hissed in the silence. Instantly she tensed up. Victoria knew that she was entirely subject to the whims of an unstable gangster. Therefore, she didn't dare to risk her life for a vaguely thought out escape plan. He couldn't possibly be with her at all times. She would just have to avail another opportunity to escape.

The car pulled to a stop and instantly Clayton was out of his seat and by her side. Grasping her arm in a grip of iron, he steered Victoria into the house and up the stairs so quickly she barely had a chance to glance at the interior of the house. Clayton led her to a bedroom, that judging from the men's clothes scattered about it, was his room. Heading over the seating area in front of the window, he seated her in the loveseat and stepped back.

"Okay listen to me." He started.

"Have I been allowed to do anything but that since I met you?" She didn't know where her fear had gone, but she was glad it had taken her stuttering along with it.

"Listen to what  I have to say before you blow up on me." He gritted out.

"Fine." It's not like she had anything better to do at the moment. Leaning back into the chair, she folded her arms across her chest and nodded for him to continue.

"Okay. I know that I've basically sprung this whole bomb thing on you without asking you and because that troubles you, I've decided to on a deal."

"What kind of deal?" She blurted out.

"Stop interrupting and you might find out faster." He snapped. Feeling like a chastisized child, she lowered her head. Sighing, Clayton rubbed his face. He hadn't meant to snap at her so, but he had always had a small amount of patience. He wasn't used to this. Wasn't used to handling something pure, like her. Making a deliberate effort to keep his voice soft and non-threatening, he began his explanation.

"So the deal is," Her head snapped up, her innocent gaze boring into his, "You will stay with me for the next six months, willingly. That means no escape attempts or anything of that sort. You will stay with me and be my girl. If after the six month duration, you don't want to stay with me, we'll work something out."

"Umm. What if I don't want to accept this deal?" She squeaked.

"If you don't take the deal, then I will keep you for good. That means no letting go of you, ever."

"Oh. After the six month duration, if I don't want to stay with you, then you will let me go. Correct?"

"To an extent."

"I don't see why I have to accept this. I don't have any relation with you to have to do this."

"You seem to harboring a massive misconception. I hold the power in this situation. If you don't comply with what I say, I will have your parents killed. Capiche?"

"Fine. I agree to this deal." Tears brimmed up in her eyes. How could one human so easily and calmly threaten the lives of another?

"Good." Leaning forward, He placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. "I'm sure I can convince you to stay with me forever before those six months are over." He couldn't really be serious about that could he? Expecting her to willingly stay with the man who threatened to murder her parents unless she followed his orders. Deep in her heart Victoria knew that she was in no danger whatsoever of wanting to stay with this man.

Admittedly he was an attractive man, but outward appearances never last. What is on the outside of the person is something that constantly changes. What is within, is something that matters the most. She could not accept the fact that he was willing to go to such extents to play out some random whim. It was no secret that she was not the most sociable and attractive of females. Therefore, for someone as physically attractive to have chosen her for this scheme, there must have been some ulterior motive behind that motive. One that she may never know.

"Okay, Now we come to the more important things." Clayton spoke, interrupting her thoughts.

"What would those be?" By now she no longer cared about herself or her well-being. She merely wanted to ensure her parents would remain unharmed for the duration of the deal.

"Conditions we both have to follow for the duration of this agreement." At Victoria's hesitant nod, he continued, "The conditions are few, but it is very important that we both follow them. You break a condition and there will be serious consequences."

"I get it, Tell me the conditions." She dreaded hearing what he had to say, but knew she couldn't stay in the dark about this.

"Alright. For starters, we will both be entirely faithful to each other for the six month duration previously agreed upon. Agreed?"

"Yes." Inwardly she scoffed at his question, didn't he see how she was shunned by everyone of the opposite gender? No one was exactly running after her.

"I mean it. I see any boy I don't know near you and I will kill him." He growled.

"Okay okay. I get it." What was his deal?

"Great. Next condition. Any and all forms of intimacy are allowed."

"What does mean?" She gasped.

"Exactly what you think. I can and will kiss you, hold you, sleep with you and touch you in anyway I like." She felt the blood draining off her face. No doubt she was as pale as a sheet.

"Hey, hey. Don't panic." He cooed. She felt strong arms encircle her and lift her up, Clayton placed her in his lap. Brought his hand up to her face and made her face him. "We will not do anything intimate if you aren't comfortable with it. Okay? By intimate I mean kissing and sex." He teased.

"Okay." Victoria whispered out.

"Good. Now for the last condition. You will never and I mean never ever involve yourself in my work. Okay? I don't want you even knowing a single thing about it. That would put your life in danger. If you get hurt because of me I will just lose it. So please, do us both a favour and continue your life as you were living it before." Instantly she could feel a blindingly happy smile stretch itself over her face, she couldn't believe it, she would be able to return to her previous life. "What's got you so happy, baby?" Clayton hummed, a smile smile playing about his lips as he gazed at her.

"I'll back to my life in no time! Just me and school once more." She gushed.

"And me." Instantly he tensed underneath her, his arms rose and caged her body in.

"What? You just said that I could return to my life?" Victoria didn't have a single clue what was going on at this point.

"Yes. You are mine and you will be living with me. What belongs to me, stays with me."