Chapter 8

I know you all must hate me for not updating, but I honestly did not know how to continue this story. Hope you enjoy the chapter. :)

-ih8nuts

Recap;

How was she going to escape with these four tailing her all the time?

Chapter 8;

After a surprisingly uneventful day at college that consisted of the entire student population gazing at her and the four baboons surrounding her in awe, Victoria was thoroughly exhausted. Her patience at an all time low, she craved the sanctuary of a soft bed and the escape in her dreams. As the bell signalling the end for her last class of the day echoed through the corridors of the college building, Victoria quickly gathered her belongings. Unceremoniously shoved them inside her bag and hightailed out of there. She knew the guards would no doubt be following her. They had been stuck to her like hormones on a playboy.

All day she had repetitively tried and failed to lose them in the maze of corridors that was her college, but they managed to track her down within mere moments. Exiting the building she headed toward the parking, where here merry band of baboons increased from four to six as the other two guards assigned lookout in the parking, joined them.

As she reached the parking lot, she came to the realisation that not only did she not have a car to get her home, but she didn't know if her guards would let her return to her own house. But it was probably worth a try.

Securing the strap of her bag on her shoulder, she stomped down the steps and headed towards the main gates in the distance.

"Ms. Victoria, you are to stay and wait for the boss here." Chase called out from behind her as the others silently surrounded her.

Damnation! Couldn't a girl ever get a break? Gritting her teeth in annoyance, she glared up at the buff men surrounding her, well aware that it would be pointless to protest. Lowering her gaze to the ground, frown planted on her face, arms crossed, she unleashed her anger and frustration at the concrete ground, refusing to look up or acknowledge the presence of the guards.

"Frowning doesn't suit you little one." A voice whispered in her ear.

Causing her to jump in surprise, clutching her heart she glanced behind to see none other than the man responsible for her plight, smiling softly at her. Not willing to put up with him or his rules she turned about and resumed her one-sides glaring match with the ground instead. Arms slipped about her waist as a head came to rest on her left shoulder.

"Are you mad at me?" He whispered in her ear.

Silence. The fascinated audience around them grew with each moment.

"Darling?" He cooed.

"Come let's discuss this at home." Clayton seemed to have finally noticed the ever increasing crowd gathered about. Instantly he shielded his emotions, sending a lethal look to the college students, who immediately rushed off in all directions. Slipping an arm about her waist he turned and began walking to a black SUV parked nearby.

Forcibly shrugging off his hold Victoria pushed him away, not caring whether everyone was watching. Gasps and whispers travelled through the students. Her head held high, she calmly walked toward the car and climbed into the backseat. A silent protest and expression of her distaste for the situation. Something she knew could very easily backfire on her. Who knew how temperamental this gang leader was?

Through her peripheral vision she could clearly see Clayton giving her one of the most spine-chilling glares possible. She may have effectively dug her own grave. Silently Clayton got into the driver's seat and moments later the otherwise empty car pulled out of the parking lot and onto the main road. The daunting silence ate away at Victoria's nerves, she knew she shouldn't have done what she did, but now it was too late to remedy it. In utter silence, chilling silence the drive to the house was completed.

However, once the car was parked, Clayton made no move to get out. Too petrified to move, Victoria sat frozen to her seat, afraid to worsen the situation. One of her guards, Chase, came to stand outside the door at some distance. gazing down at the floor.

What had come over her to commit such an uncharacteristic act of public defiance? Horror and dread flooded her body as it finally sank in what she had done.

"Clayton...I- I'm s-sorry. I did-" She began to apologise, only to get cut off by the man himself.

"I'll deal with you later." His voice was calm. Too calm. A chill slithered up her spine.

"I'm sorry." She whispered once more.

"Later." His voice was clipped. Lifting his hand he motioned for the guard. Chase stepped forward and opened the door. Shaking in fear of what was to come, Victoria gathered her bag from the seat next to her and began to leave the vehicle.

"Oh and Victoria?" Clayton suddenly called out, causing her to freeze on the spot.

"Yes Clayton?" She finally whispered.

"You had better hope - for your sake - you don't anger me any further." Motioning for the guard to take her away, Clayton waited till she was clear of the SUV and immediately pulled out into the traffic, eventually disappearing from view.

Meekly following behind the guards, Victoria tried and failed to calm her galloping heartbeat. What would become of her now? As she was led into the kitchen, where she was picked up and sat down onto a stool as one of the guards began preparing food. She gazed down at the counter, entirely lost in thought till a plate heaped with steaming chicken curry and rice was placed in front of her..

Appetite gone from the previous events in the day she quickly shook her head and pushed the plate away.

"You've already angered the boss enough. I'd recommend eating that if you want to live to see the sunrise." James spoke. Knowing he was in the right Victoria nodded meekly and immediately began eating.

"You really did mess up big time you know." Roy suddenly whistled.

"You think I don't know?" She sighed.

"I've never seen anyone he was so angry at live to see the next hour." Dan laughed.

"Way to make me feel special." Victoria grumbled.

"Ignore these morons, you need to calm him down. And keep his temper at a low for as log as you can." Chase advised.

"And how do you suggest I do that?" She sighed before slightly banging her head against the counter.

"Don't injure yourself, the boss will debone me like a fish!" Gabriel shouted. Followed by a chorus of agreements from the other five guards.

"Okay, okay. Relax." Victoria gasped. She wasn't aware that their lives were actually at stake depending on her physical health.

"You're his girl. You should know how to calm him down." Chase spoke, ignoring the others.

"Well, the thing is, I'm not." Victoria snapped. She could feel tears forming in her eyes. Not willing to let them see her entirely vulnerable, she headed toward her room.

Shutting the door behind her, she collapsed onto the bed and gave free reign to all the pent up emotions within her. How had she of all people managed to find herself in this situation? For hours she lay immobile on the bed as she vented her emotions through the silent tears pouring down her cheeks. Eventually even the tears dried up and a massive migraine took ahold of her head. Blocking out all coherent thought.

By then she had already lost all track of time, and was glad for the tendrils of sleep wrapping themselves around her, offering a much needed escape from reality. As she finally succumbed to the bliss of oblivion she vaguely remembered the sound of a door opening and herself being carried to a different room and placed down on an all too soft mattress. A feather light kiss was placed onto her forehead followed by a loving caress across her cheek.

"Sleep well, my queen." A vaguely familiar voice whispered before she slipped completely into the clutches of sleep.