Chapter 2

Recap:

"I'm Clayton." He introduced himself. "I already know who you are though, Victoria."

"W-wha-what do y-you w-want fro- from me?" she stammered out after a moment of him just staring at her, as though lost in a trance.

"That's for me to know." Stepping closer to her, till they were a mere foot apart, he grabbed her and pushed her against a nearby car. His muscular arms on both sides of her, caging her in. "And you to find out."

"I-I...Please, le-l-let me g-go." She pleaded, fearing for the worst.

"I'm afraid that is not possible. I've set my claim on you, and you don't get a say in it."

Chapter 2:

What on earth was he talking about? Was that gangster talk for 'he is going to kill her'? She was so confused.

"W-what?" She gasped.

"You are now officially my property, little hobbit. All mine." He practically purred as he absentmindedly stroked her left cheek with his hand, all the while staring intently at her.

"I think you've m-mistaken m-me with someone e-else." He had to be joking; in this day and age no one could just claim another person like that. "I-I will be g-o-going now." She tried to slip past him but only succeed in getting caged more effectively. As soon as she tried to move, he slipped his arms around her waist and easily held her in place.

"You are not going anywhere." He hissed. Taking a deep breath he let go of her waist and took a few steps back and opened his mouth to speak.

"Hey whore! You messed up my assignment!" Shouted a voice nearby, probably one of Sid's friends, fear froze her to the spot.

She was so dead. Before she even managed to blink in surprise and fear, a sharp stinging sensation in her cheek and pain emanating from the scrapes on her hands and knees made her realize that she'd been slapped and scraped her body on the pavement in the fall. The sounds of flesh hitting flesh repeatedly; pull her focus from her self-examination. Involuntarily a gasp escaped as she laid her eyes on Clayton beating up another boy, who she recognized to be one of Sid's friends. Judging from the slight glimpses of his face, she supposed it was Shane Jones.

"Don't." he hissed between punches. "Touch her ever again. I'm going to fucking kill you."

Was he actually defending her? What was going on? His strength and heartlessness with which he was beating up one of the most powerful guys on the athletics team, froze her to the spot with fear. Victoria didn't know what to do this entire scenario was so alien to her.

"The fuck, I leave for a minute and this is what you do? Victoria! Why didn't you stop him?" A boy who she later realized is Ryan shouted at her as he tried to pull an enraged looking Clayton off of Shane.

"Don't just sit there! Help me! He's going to kill him!" Ryan's shouts jerk her into action. Clambering up to her feet, she cautiously approached the struggling boys. She did feel bad that Shane was getting beat up so bad, but there was a part of her that was happy he was being taught a lesson. A much-needed one at that.

"What do I do?" She hissed at Ryan.

"Talk to him, touch him, I don't give a fuck what you do! Get him distracted!" he panted.

Totally unsure of her actions, she softly called Clayton's name, hoping to get his attention, but not too much of it. Who knows, he might get caught up in the moment and hit her too! He didn't even hear her in the continuing struggle. She knew that just calling his name wouldn't be enough. Reaching forward, she placed one hand on his shoulder and used the other to turn his face to her.

"You're going to k-kill h-him." She blurted.

"He hit you! I'm going to pulverize him!" He turned back to his victim, the fire raging in his eyes once more.

Well that totally backfired. She rushed back to avoid the flailing limbs of the three boys locked in the struggle, when it struck her. How dumb is she? She could use this opportunity to escape! They were all occupied, so they wouldn't even notice her leave. Whipping around, she snatched up her book bag and rushed off to the exit of the parking lot, where the bus stand was. Ryan had obviously handled Clayton before she came along, so he could definitely handle him without her presence. She just wanted to get away and back to her old life that actually made sense to her.

"Oh fuck!" Ryan shouts in the distance, damn that boy swears a lot. "She's left Clay! She got away!"

Oh my Algebra. He wasn't supposed to notice her! He's supposed to be too preoccupied! And here she hadn't even reached the exit of the parking lot, much less the bus stand. Curse you stupid body! A large, unknown force collided with her from behind, knocking her off her feet. As she fell forward, she felt arms snake around her waist and was twisted around to face the sky. The impact knocked the air out from her lungs and for a few moments she just lay on the person below her, trying to catch her breath.

"I told you you're mine. You belong with me." Clay's voice purred into her ear. Before she could muster the courage to reply, he was on his feet with her firmly clasped in his arms. Considering she was currently eye-to-eye with him at the moment, with their height differences, her feet weren't even touching the ground. Escape is impossible.

"I know my display of caveman behavior probably freaked you out, but no one touches my girl and lives. He's only alive because you ran off, otherwise I would've finished the job." He rambled.

"Y-yo-your girl?" She was completely bewildered at this point. "Yo-you sh-should go t-then." She stammered.

"Go where?" he hummed, looking very happy for some reason. Putting her back down on the ground, he crossed his arms and stared at her with amusement sparkling in his gaze. Shifting under his unwavering gaze, she fidgeted about with her clothes as she tried to muster enough courage to speak up.

"T-to your g-girl." When would this infernal stammering of hers stop? To her utter surprise he threw back his head and laughed, pulled her to him he enveloped her in a hug. Not expecting the sudden contact, she stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do.

"Sweetheart, you are my girl." Clayton looked thoroughly entertained by this point. Her eyes widened to the point where she was afraid they'd pop out. Without even taking a minute to reconsider, she darted away from him and made one last run for it. Victoria had barely taken a few steps before she was yanked back and placed in front of Clayton again.

"Don't test my patience, love." His tone of voice was menacing in its calmness, Victoria was too afraid to rebel any longer. Nodding meekly, she hung her head as she inwardly cursed herself for following Ryan to the parking lot like a fool. If only she'd stayed inside.

"Good." Leaning forward he placed a kiss on her forehead and slipped an arm about her waist, started leading her somewhere. Where were they going? "Okay, so I've sent my boys to collect the things and all so it won't tire you out. Now that I've finally got you, I've got to make sure you're comfortable." Clayton rambled as they walked.

"What are you t-talking about?" She asked, glad her stammering had finally decreased.

"Your stuff being moved into my house." He answered nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry, what?" She was so shocked she couldn't even be happy she had finally stopped stammering.

"You think I'm going to live away from you?" He actually sounded amused.

"YES! You can't just take control of my life like that!" Her disbelief helped her overcome her fear as she shouted at him.

"Actually I just did." Oh how she wanted to wipe that smug smirk off his face. How she wanted to wipe the floor with him. "You are mine; I cannot have you living somewhere where I cannot protect you."

"I-I d-" She began to protest.

"This is not up for debate. You are mine. I will do as I see fit." He snapped.