Chapter 12

Recap:

Victoria was all he wanted and all he needed.

He just had to teach her that.

From her unsure, hesitant response, he could tell that she was entirely new to this, pleasure coursed through him at that reason. She melted against him; her compliance was a sexy thing that increased his desire tenfold. He ended the kiss, both of them panting and their gazes met. Mine. The claim resonated within him.

"I missed you too, little one." He grinned at a dazed Victoria in his arms.

Chapter 13

The effect Clayton's kiss had on her was so potent that it was a few moments before her sluggish senses registered what had happened. As reality crashed down onto her like the waves of the ocean on the beach, Victoria broke his hold and scrambled away. She couldn't believe that she had kissed him back. She had been a kissed a handful of times in her life and none had ever had such an immense effect on her.

A large hand wrapped around her elbow and yanked her into the warmth of Clayton's embrace.

"Going somewhere?" He grinned down at her, as though he weren't holding her captive.

At a loss for words, and just too plain embarrassed to speak, Victoria mutely shook her head. The knowing gleam in Clayton's eyes, coupled with the intense desire swirling in the depths of his eyes nearly had her swooning. She could feel her resolve ebbing away.

"Now, I think you look perfect in this setting, and should be staying here permanently. Don't you?"

Horror and dread coursed through her veins as Victoria understood the implications of what Clayton was suggesting.

"No! I will not move into the room." She gasped.

"I was talking about your being within my arms, but if you want to move into my room..." A teasing glint in his eyes, he trailed off. "Who am I to stop you? I'll have it done immediately."

Not giving her a chance to protest he swiftly left the room and shut the door behind him.

--

Thus, an hour later, Victoria's things had been moved to his room and all her protests overridden by a conveniently busy Clayton. As the last of the men left the room, Victoria collapsed onto Clayton's bed and gazed up at the ceiling sightlessly, just the thought of moving everything back to her old room, had her working up a sweat.

"Getting comfortable already?" Clayton teased as he entered the room.

"No, I was just about to take everything back." Victoria sighed, not even bothering to look away from the ceiling. A loud clatter had her looking over at the hulking figure of Clayton; he gave her a sharp look that had her cringing away in fear. Victoria shut her mouth, and shrank back into the bed. She could always move her things back when Clayton was preoccupied with something else; she had no wish to anger him. Her fate was held in his hands.

Victoria knew she was treading on thin ice when it came to Clayton, he wanted her to show affection and devotion toward him. She couldn't bring herself to show something she obviously knew she didn't feel. When would fate stop turning her life inside out?

"Victoria, come here." Clayton's deep baritone sounded from somewhere outside the room.

Grumbling under breath, she hoisted herself up and trudged out into the hallway. Bumping into the doorway on her way out, sent her into a bad mood. Why couldn't she be graceful and coordinated like the other females in the world?