Chapter 10

Recap:

Another wave of emotions surged through him at her innocent words and he tightened his hold on her slim body, crushing her to him. Slipping a hand into her soft, silky hair he gently lifted her head up to face his. Without a moment to reconsider, he lowered his head and claimed her lips. A kiss that conveyed an innocent expression of emotion that couldn't be put into words.

What most people and he himself have failed to realise is that a person belongs to you as much you belong to them.

Chapter 10

A total of ten days had passed since the college-ban had been put into action. Victoria knew she had to try her level best to make Clayton forgive her. As her bodyguards had assured her that Clayton was known for his tendency to hold onto his grudges and was not an easy person when it came to giving his forgiveness. Ever since the startling revelation regarding her parents, she tended to avoid any mention of them and took great pains to forget of their very existence. College had provided her with an excellent distraction and kept her so immersed in the workload that she had no time for fretting about her situation with Clayton.

Not that she had wanted for anything during these days, Victoria was being kept in a greater level of comfort in Clayton's home than she had ever been subjected to in her father's house. Clayton for his part, had held true to his promise of spoiling her and looking after her. The day after her confinement to the house, an entirely new and extensive wardrobe had been purchased for her; despite her numerous protests. She had the best luxuries money could buy, and for all purposes was living a grand life much different from her old one.

Unlike her previous life, she was actually a person of influence and interest. The vast difference in her life was difficult to adjust to. Victoria was used to not having her say carry any importance or weight, regardless of the importance of the issue. She had always been taken for granted, forcing the best years of her life to be spent taking care of ungrateful family members.

Letting out a heartfelt sigh, she trudged down the stairs and made her way into the kitchen, intent on snacking on anything sweet. She had no qualms about admitting her massive sweet tooth. The faint sounds of deep baritones sounded in the house, disregarding them as the guards conversing amongst themselves, she focused on scouring through the kitchen for her treat.

"Victoria, can you come with me for a moment?" Clayton suddenly entered the kitchen.

Although taken aback due to his sudden request, Victoria merely nodded and followed him. Stopping outside the door to his study he turned to slip an arm around her waist and draw her close to his body.

"I want you to meet a good friend of mine, I trust him with my life. And would even trust him with you." Clayton whispered in her ear before placing a lingering kiss on the side of her neck.

Reaching for her hand, he intertwined their fingers. Swiftly opening the door, Clayton pulled his girl into the room with him. A sense of affection and honour filled him, puffing out his chest he proudly led her to the seat behind his desk, lowering himself into the chair, Ever since the startling revelation regarding her parents, she tended to avoid any mention of them and took great pains to forget of their very existence. Clayton gently but firmly pulled Victoria down into his lap.

"Blackwood, this is my girl, Victoria." Clayton spoke, breaking eye contact with Victoria and looked over her shoulder into the dimly lit room.

"Victoria, this is my good friend Michael Blackwood." Gently clasping her waist Clayton turned her to face the darkest corner of the room.