Chapter Thirty - Three

Not edited

Chapter Thirty - Three

I didn't see Lee the following day, nor did I text or call him either. It wasn't that I was avoiding him, it was just that I hadn't known how to reply to his message.

Just thinking about it made my heart jump a little, and I smiled. As soon as I got off of work I would call him, I had decided as I turned back around to my desk and started to look through some old files of mine that needed to be sorted out and organized.

"Hey, Simone," a deep voice called from beside me, and my body immediately tensed, knowing exactly who it was. I hadn't wanted to turn around, and thought that maybe if I concentrated really hard on my files and didn't say a word that he would leave, but then that would be rude.

I sat down the file that I had been looking at and swiveled my chair around to see Jason standing at the head of my cubicle. His signature khaki pants staring back at me and his pink and orange plaid shirt tucked in neatly beneath them.

"Hey," I greeted him, trying my best to smile, even though I wished that he would leave so that I could get back to my work.

Jason smiled down at me. "Having a good day so far? Not too busy?" He questioned, nodding over to the stack of papers on my desk.

I followed his eyes before shaking my head. "No, I'm just sorting through some old files and trying to get all of this mess organized. So far my day's going great. How about you?"

He shrugged. "Same ole same ole, I guess. I have to get back to my desk in a little while and work on a few budgeting ideas for the company." He replied. I nodded and we just sat in silence for a second or two before he started talking again.

"So, are you excited for the Christmas party tomorrow?" He questioned, his dark eyes never leaving mine.

"Yeah, its going to be great." I told him, "What about you?"

He laughed, "Definitely looking forward to it." He agreed. "So, I was meaning to ask you. Do you have a date for tomorrow? You know, we could go together as friends or something. What do you think?" He asked, trying to gauge my reaction to his question.

"Jason," I said, "I'm actually going with someone. Thanks for the invitation though. I appreciate it." I tried to sound as sincere as I possibly could.

Jason shook his head as he smiled brightly. "No problem, I understand." He waved his hand, "You must be going with the guy who came and ate lunch with you the other day."

"Yeah..my boyfriend." I replied.

He snapped his fingers together. "Yep, that guy." He stated. "Well, looks like it's time for me to get back to my side of the building. Hope you continue to have a great date, and hey, maybe I'll run into you and your date tomorrow." He said cheerfully before heading in the opposite direction and out of site.

I turned back to my desk and sighed. If anything, I hoped that Lee and I didn't run into Jason tomorrow.

- - -

When I got home, I took a shower and ate a quick microwaveable meal before hopping into bed. I stared down at my phone for a few minutes as I built up the courage to call Lee.

After four rings, Lee's voice came through the receiver.

"Hey," he answered. I could hear the smile in his voice as he continued, "How was your day today?"

"It was really good." I said back, playing with the top of my comforter. "How was your day? Did you do anything?"

       "I slept until about seven before I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I didn't do much though. I ate lunch with my cousin, Shi, and after that I stopped by Thomas's and Natalie's hotel for a few minutes to see Summer."

I breathed into the phone, pondering over my thoughts before Lee's voice came back over the phone.

"I missed you today."

I bit the bottom of my lip. "I missed you too," I replied softly, "Sorry for not messaging you back last night. I just - you caught me off guard."

"I hope I wasn't being too blunt."

I shook my head like he could see motion, "No, you weren't. I might've even let you kiss me if you had made the move last night." I admitted honestly.

"Noted." He replied, his voice sounded amused. "Are you looking forward to the Christmas party tomorrow night?" He asked.

I smiled. "Yeah, I've been thinking about it all day. It's going to be fun." I said, "I just hope no one notices you because things would probably get a little out of hand."

He chuckled. "Don't worry about that. I have it covered." He promised as the sound of things being moved echoed in the background.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

He sighed into the phone. "Packing some of my stuff up for when I get ready to head back on tour in a few days."

My heart dropped. I had forgot that he was basically leaving after the Christmas party to head back on tour. We had literally just started dating, and now that he was about to leave I wasn't so sure how things would work out.

"Oh." I replied lamely.

"Hey, don't get all quiet on me." He said sternly; although I could tell he wasn't too serious. "I'm only going to be gone for a little while, but hopefully when you get time off from work you can come and visit me. I'll pay any plane, hotel, bus ticket that I need to in order to see you." He told me, "Just at least say you'll try to come and visit me sometimes."

I glanced back up at my ceiling, staring at it as I answered. "I will. I promise."

"Good, now cheer up. I can't have you sad at the party tomorrow, what kind of person would that make me?" He joked, "That reminds me."

"What?" I questioned before he could finish.

"It's going to sound really weird if I ask you. You can say no though." He sounded a little nervous and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Lee, what is it? I'm sure it can't be that bad."

"Do you mind if I come over..tonight?" He asked before immediately saying, "Just to watch a movie or something and then I'll leave."

"Or something?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You know what I mean. Or something includes maybe eating something as well." He stated, "It's just that I made this lemon cake and all of these cookies by mistake and I don't know what to do with it all. I can't eat it all by myself."

"And you're sure it was a mistake?" I asked amused.

"Cross my heart and hope to die." He promised, "So, what do you say? Want to help me get rid of some of this stuff? I'd hate to waste it."

I couldn't help the grin that slipped onto my face as I pushed myself up into my bed. "Fine. Come on and come over then." I told him before saying goodbye and heading out to my living room to find a movie for tonight.