Chapter Fifteen

Okay, so I'm really late on recognizing the people that suggested a 'Lee POV' chapter, but here are the lovely people who made this chapter possible! @AfroAnn @Xhaha23 Snow_Leaves @DaynaSweet Sorry that I was so late recognizing you guys for your idea. 🤦🏽‍♀️ 😩 and don't worry, if I didn't use one of your ideas in this chapter, it will most likely be used in another chapter. So be on the lookout. ❤️❤️

Chapter Fifteen *** Lee's POV

"I'm just worried about you, Lee."

Lee fought the urge to roll his eyes. His cousin, Shi, had only just gotten into town and he was already ready for her to pack up and head back home. He glanced over at the woman who had been sitting on his couch for the past hour, tapping away on her phone, her dark, black hair stopping just below her shoulders.

Her pale, white legs were crossed over one another, the black stilettos she wore tapping against the floor expectantly as she waited for him to reply. She huffed under her breath, when Lee made no move to reply. "Look, Lee, i'm just worried that you might be taking things a little too fast with this woman you've just met. It's just not in your character to go along with a woman you barely know, and to hear that you went on a date with her - I just don't know what to think."

      Lee laughed lightly at his cousin's concern. "Relax, Shi, the first time wasn't even a date, as you would call it, it was just two people getting to know each other, and it'll still be just two people getting to know each other tomorrow when I pick her up from her house."

      Shi raised an eyebrow, "Why, Lee? Why, her?" She asked, not trying to seem as if something was wrong with the woman that Lee had taken a sudden interest in, but out of curiosity.

      A frown settled on his forehead for a moment, before disappearing. He leaned back against the wall that was behind him, closing his eyes. "Because I did something that i've never done before." He breathed, "When I'm around her, it's like nothing else matters. I don't think logically, I actually don't think at all, I just do whatever I want to do in that moment." He admitted,  "I know it may seem strange and cliche, but when i'm with her I feel free. I can't explain it."

"And that's a good thing?" She asked skeptically.

        He shrugged. "Yes, I mean no, look Shi, I don't know, I just know that I really like this girl and I don't have all the time in the world to be playing coy, I know she's the one."

"The one that you met, at the bar?" She asked again, making sure that she was hearing right.

Lee rolled his eyes this time, "Yes, the woman that I met at the bar." He replied, before adding, "and did I mention that I might have proposed to her and bought her an engagement ring, all the while she was drunk?" He admitted sheepishly. Shi would find out sooner or later, and he rather it be now.

        "What?" She practically choked on her spit. "Have you lost your mind?" She demanded, "What now? Are you going to tell me that tomorrow night is the night that you two go and elope?" She said in disbelief. Lee never did things so reckless. He always thought out every possible outcome, and what was best before he did anything. She remembered when Lee had first come to her saying that he was going to join the band! Now that wasn't the craziest thing she had ever heard anymore, this was. She dragged her hands down her face in dread. "Those guys in your band have finally corrupted you, haven't they?"

      Lee ignored her as he walked into the kitchen, opening up a pack of chips. "Don't worry too much about it, she turned down my offer anyways, I'm not getting married." He said with a chuckle.

       Shi sat up on the couch. "So what then is this thing tomorrow?" She asked.

"She wants to hang out with me, get to know me a little better, as friends." He said, the words sour on his tongue.

She watched him silently. "And I'm guessing you aren't too happy about that?"

     "I don't mind being her friend, but I want more from her." he stated, "Like a relationship. I've been considering it for a while now, even before I met her at the bar."

"But you don't do relationships." She pointed out.

       He ate another chip. "It's not that I don't do them, I just never saw the need for any at the time until Jack met Kaitlyn. They just seem so happy all of the time, and I didn't know that I wanted that until I realized that I didn't have it."

Shi let out a sigh, knowing that it didn't matter what she said, Lee was going to do what he wanted to do, and surprisingly that thought kind of made her relax a little. She uncrossed her arms and sat back up against the couch, "So when do I get to meet her?" She questioned.

        Lee laughed. "You don't."

She placed her hands on her hips. "And why not?"

      "Because it's none of your business right now, plus, how would she feel about me springing my cousin up on her out of nowhere?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're right, I suppose, but I want to meet the woman that has you buying engagement rings after one night." She joked, causing Lee to smile.

"I'll be saying the same thing to you one day when you meet that special guy." He teased.

       A shiver went down her spine. "The day I find a man will be the day that Dane finally settles down."

Lee continued to watch her, a glimmer passing through his eyes as he shrugged. "Hey, you never know, it could happen."