Chapter Thirty - Two

Ya'll I've been slipping. Sometimes I forget that I even write stories on Wattpad. 😭
Not edited
Chapter Thirty - Two

      I stood awkwardly as my parents walked around from the couch, studying Lee who was still standing at my front door, a pair of blue jean pants on and a black shirt. He wasn't wearing his baseball cap like he usually did, so when my mom locked eyes with him, her mouth fell open.

"No way. I'm dreaming." She said, pulling at my dad's shirt sleeve repeatedly. He brushed her hand away, shifting his eyes down at her.

      "What is wrong with you?"

She pointed to Lee. "Simone, please tell me that this is your boyfriend," she pleaded shaking her head, "Okay, he has to be your boyfriend, because what other reason would he even be here for." She shrieked happily, clapping her hands together.

      My dad frowned. "Hold up, boyfriend?" He asked skeptically, rolling the word around on his tongue, obviously not liking the way it tasted. "How long?" He questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, do you even know who this is?" I asked, not really expecting for her to have heard about Lee from the passengers, much less actually know what he looked like. I then turned to my dad. "and we've been dating for about a week." I said as bravely as I could.

     My mom walked over to Lee. "Of course I know who this is! He's that little cutie pie that plays the drums in that band that your younger cousin Sharon is always watching when she stays the night." She said, inspecting him before she pinched his cheek. "I just knew my daughter had good taste."

      "Mom!" I exclaimed.

She turned to me innocently, her hand still against Lee's cheek. "What?"

Lee laughed. "It's fine, Simone. I'm used to stuff like this." He replied, his eyes twinkling as he looked down at my mother. "I'm just happy you haven't tried to cut off any of my hair yet."

My mom dropped her hand, grinning. "See? He doesn't care whether I touch him or not." She replied, pulling out her phone. "Hey, can I get a picture."

      "Mom," I said again, this time warningly. She dropped her phone, huffing.

"Fine, ruin all my fun why don't you." She said, putting her phone back into her purse just as my dad stepped forward.

"So..you're dating my daughter," he said slowly, "and you're famous." He said, trying to wrap his head around the whole situation.

     "He's a rockstar, babe." My mom added.

I glared at her. "Not helping."

She simply shrugged.

My dad shook his head as if this whole thing wasn't actually happening.

   "Dad," I called, "I was going to tell you. Lee and I just started dating, I just wanted to keep it quiet for awhile just in case things didn't work out." I tried to explain.

My dad raised his eyebrow at Lee. "And why does my daughter feel like things won't work out between you two?" He demanded, "You have a problem with groupies or something?"

Lee actually surprised me by sticking out his hand for my father to take. "Let me start off by introducing myself. My name's Lee, and yes, I am a rockstar in a band called, 'The Passengers,' and I play the drums, and no I don't have any groupies..well, at least none that I entertain, and I'm serious about this relationship with your daughter and would never give her any reason to doubt that." He said calmly, before adding, "and I'm also really sorry that you're just now finding out that I'm dating your daughter. I hope it isn't a problem." He finished, almost rushing out every work. Was Lee nervous? I thought.