Chapter Twenty - One

"Lee, you really didn't have to walk me to the door." I commented softly as we stood outside of my apartment, my keys in one hand and my other hand holding my purse. Lee stood in front of me with Summer's carseat in one hand. I looked from him and then to Summer who was still sound asleep even though she had been removed from the car. I knew it was probably time for me to head inside, but I wasn't ready to go just yet.

Lee shrugged. "It's fine. If i'm going to be dating you from today onward, I think that the least that I can do is walk you to your door." He said with a smile. "Besides, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?" He questioned, waiting for the response he was looking for to cross my face.

"Boyfriend?" I said to myself.

Lee smiled. "Don't worry, I'm just teasing." He replied, his hand reaching up to touch my cheek, as he continued to speak, "But eventually that's what i'm hoping for. I hope you're heading in the same direction as I am though." He said honestly. I couldn't help the warmth that went throughout my body at his words.

I wasn't sure if it was the nervousness that was currently coursing through my body or the fact that the universe was really intent on making me embarrass myself one more time tonight, because the next two words that fell out of my mouth made me want to go hide under a rock.

"Kiss me." I said breathlessly before I completely registered what had just come out of my mouth. I immediately held my hands up, "Wait, I didn't mean to say that." I said quickly, "I mean, I do want you to kiss me, just not you know, now. Not tonight." I clarified, embarrassing myself even more.

Lee shook his head, a hint of a smile touching his lips. "You're cute." He said, removing his hand from my face, "But i'll remember your request for another day when we have this conversation." He said, glancing down at Summer who was now squirming in her carseat, before turning his gaze back to me. "Looks like she's starting to get antsy. I think it's time we get going."

I felt my heart drop a little before shaking the feeling away. "Oh yeah, you should get going, it's getting late."

Lee nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye." I waved, slightly defeated.

"Bye." Lee waved back, before nodding over his shoulder. "Maybe we can have this conversation again tomorrow. Sleep well." He called before walking out of sight, leaving me standing at my door feeling like a girl who had just experienced her first crush.

- - -
Sorry this is short. Hoping to update the other chapter soon though. Just wanted to give you guys something.