Chapter Two

Chapter Two

And make sure it's sexy, I mocked Victoria's last sentence over and over again, as I rummaged through my closet. Piles of pants and skirts I had tried on earlier were all scattered across the floor. I grabbed one of my old church dresses, inspecting it before throwing it back onto the hanger.

"Ughh." I groaned loudly. I could strangle Victoria at times like this. She knew I didn't have anything sexy to wear, heck, I barley had anything presentable enough to wear aside from work.

As I began going through my dresser drawer, a knock sounded at my front door. I continued to push through the stack of plaid shirts that filled the first drawer. "Come in, its open!"

A few seconds later, Victoria peeked into my room. Her voluminous red curls were styled into a high bun, loose trendles falling down the side of her face. Her hot pink dress hung tight around her body, stopping mid thigh. She pushed the door open for easier access.

"Looks like someone hasn't found anything to wear yet." She whistled, tip toeing around the piles of clothes.

I gave a pointed glare. "Wow, I wonder how you guessed that much." I went back to digging through my drawers. Victoria gave a small laugh before a soft bag hit my side, landing on the floor.

I picked it up. "What is this?" I asked peering into the small bag.

She took a seat on the side of my bed, crossing her long pale legs. "A dress from my closet." She waved. "Well, don't just stand there, take it out."

I opened the bag some more, pulling out the purple sequined dress. I held it up to my body, watching as it stopped mid thigh just like her dress had done. It was sleeveless, and had a little ring of diamonds around the waist. I looked up at her, my face scrunching in disgust. "Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty dress..but I hate sequins."

Victoria rolled her eyes. "I know, but the color really brings out your dark skin, and those diamonds at the waist help compliment your tiny waist. You're gonna look so hot." She pulled out her cellphone.

I slipped on the dress and looked in the mirror. It really was pretty, even though it had sequins. "Thanks." I told her, walking to my bathroom to grab my flat iron.

She continued to type away on her phone. "No problem, just be glad I lost all of that weight two summers ago, or you would've been out of luck."

I took the first piece of hair and pressed it between my flatiron. Believe it or not, Victoria used to be fat - okay, I hate that word. Let's just say that she was really overweight. She used to wear a size ten, now she was a two. It was a pretty drastic change. She had always been beautiful though, even with the weight, but her parents had kind of urged her to lose the weight. They thought she would find a husband better that way...boy were they wrong. As soon as Victoria lost all of that weight she did have a line of men waiting at her door, unfortunately for her parents, she never was the settling down type.

I finished the last piece of hair before laying the iron flat against the sink. I took in my appearance, black hair falling just above my shoulders. The purple dress contrasting darkly against my brown skin. I added a little lipstick and headed back out the bathroom.

"Kay, I'm ready." I called. Victoria's head shot up from her phone, a wide smile taking over her lips.

"That's my best friend." She started singing. I rolled my eyes, reaching over to grab my purse from off my nightstand.

      "Just trying to hype my best Fran up." She stood up from the bed.

"Please just stop. You're embarrassing me."

"But no one's here but us." She pouted, following me outside.

I locked the front door. "Exactly."