Chapter Four

Not edited. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend.

Chapter Four

            I forced the soft pillow over my head, trying my best to drown out the sound of Whitney Houston's voice. I clutched my aching head as the music grew louder. "Victoria, turn it down!" I shouted annoyed. There was no response and my headache was increasingly growing. I threw the pillow to the side and threw my feet over the edge of the bed. I glanced up, taking in the blue walls and strangely unfamiliar surroundings. Maybe Victoria redecorated, I thought as I got out of bed.

As soon as my feet hit the cool ground, a phone started to ring. I quickly found my phone on the nightstand and flipped it open. "Seriously Victoria, turn that music down!"

There was some movement in the background before Victoria let out a laugh. "Girl, what are you talking about? I'm not playing anything."

I rubbed my head in aggravation before spotting a pair of male shoes by the closet door. "Did your boyfriend come home last night?" I asked, noticing the pair of male shoes in front of me.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I see his shoes. Did he walk in on me while I was sleeping?" I asked embarrassedly.

Victoria laughed. "Girl, what are you talking about? You're not at my house."

I frowned. "What? I'm not at my house, so where.." I trailed, "Please don't tell me -" I started, already knowing that my life had suddenly turned into a horrible cliche.

Girl goes to bar, girl gets drunk, girl goes home with random guy. "Victoria.."

"So last night you met some guy, or at least that's what you told me. I didn't even get the chance to see him before you ran off." She said as if it was nothing.

"Victoria, you let me go home with a stranger?" I quietly shrieked.

"Hey, don't blame me. You told me that you would call if he turned out to be a creep. I mean you were kind of drunk, but you seemed like you needed a night cap. So I let you go. You should be thanking me."

I clutched my head as the persistent ringing started again. "Oh my goodness, you are the worse friend ever." I seethed.

"So i've heard." She replied. "But hey, I gotta go get dressed. I'll see you at work in a few, you are coming in right?"

I looked around the room, noting my scattered clothes across the floor. "Yeah, after I figure out where I am and run back to my house."

"Okay, can't wait to hear all the juicy details." She said chirpily before hanging up the phone.

I sat my phone back against the nightstand, cursing my luck. Some best friend she was, I thought as I pushed myself up from the bed.

I grabbed my clothes off the floor and hurriedly put them on. The music was still playing in the background so that meant whoever I had slept with was still here.

I closed my eyes tightly before sighing. I walked over to the nearest mirror, trying to slick down my hair that was sticking up in every direction. I look horrible, I concluded, pushing my hair behind my ears and making my way over to the bedroom door. I peaked through the crack. There was no one standing in the hallway so I eased my way out of the room, slowly making my way down the short hallway.

There was a kitchen off to the side where the music was playing and the living room was right after that. I saw the door and quietly made my way in that direction. If I just hurried, maybe he wouldn't notice me, I thought, sneaking past the kitchen.

As soon as I had made it to the door, a voice spoke.

"You're up." A man's voice stated.

I froze.

Should I acknowledge him or dash out the door? I thought.

"Hey, is everything, okay?" He asked again, a hint of worry lining his voice.

I didn't turn around. "Um, y-yeah," I stuttered, not knowing what to say, "I woke up and now...now, I'm just gonna um, go now." I said awkwardly, placing my hand on the door handle.

Just as I turned the knob that smooth voice sounded again.

"Are we still on for lunch later?" He asked.

"Uh yeah.." I lied. "Just call me." I said quickly, really hoping that I hadn't given him my number in my drunken state.

As I exited the hotel room, I darted for the nearest elevator and hit the button that lead to the lobby.

- - -

"So, how was it?" Victoria questioned, standing at my cubicle. "Or better yet, how was he?" She grinned widely.

I ignored her question, turning back to my computer. "I'm still mad at you."

She whined. "Oh come on, live once in a while. It was fun, right? Even if you don't remember it." She added, "But hey, doesn't it feel good to let your hair down once in a while and do what you want to do?"

"No." I answered.

She rolled her eyes. "You're seriously no fun." She pouted, "But okay, i'll just leave.." She trailed dramatically.

I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear before turning on my computer.

"Simone." She said.

I ignored her.

"Simone." She said again and this time she was standing over my shoulder, her hand covering her mouth. I frowned up at her, "Seriously, I'm not in the mood for games right now, Victoria."

Victoria shook her head before pointing towards my keyboard. Af first I didn't know what pointing to my keyboard meant until I dropped my gaze, my eyes settling on the large diamond ring on my left ring finger. How had I missed that?

"Oh my.."

"Gosh." Victoria finished, looking me in the eyes, her mouth hanging. "Y-You got married?!"

- - -

Sorry, had to do it. :D