Chapter Twenty - Eight

Not edited
Sorry for the late updates, hope to get a schedule up soon.

Chapter Twenty - Eight

I couldn't remember the last time I had slept in such a soft bed. I tiredly stretched my arms out against the cool blue sheets that laid beneath me. As I felt the warm rays of the sun peek through the window blinds, I groaned softly as I tried to shield my eyes. I tried my best to go back to sleep, but the sound of people arguing a few feet away fully woke me up. I squinted one eye open, trying to make out the two figures that were currently standing by my room door.

Lee had let me stay the night at his place since I hadn't wanted him to have to drive me all the way back home. It had made more sense for me to just spend the night since I didn't have to leave early for work. However, Lee had been so shocked that I had even asked to spend the night that he had choked on some of the water he had been drinking, and I had to slap his back a few times to make sure that he didn't die on me. I'm sure there would be thousands of heartbroken fans if he had.

We had spent the next twenty minutes after his near death experience, arguing over who would be sleeping on the couch; although, in the end, Lee had won - earning himself the spot on the couch he had so desperately fought for while I was the loser - being that I had to sleep in his bed.

Again, I wasn't complaining.

It hadn't been as weird as I thought it would be sleeping at his place. It almost felt like deja vu since the first time I had met him, I had woken up in this exact same bed.

I felt a cool breeze brush against one of my legs that was hanging out from beneath the sheet. I rubbed my face tiredly, the sound of the voices that I had heard earlier growing louder.

       "Hmm, who knew you had good taste." I heard a female voice say in surprise. There was a flash, and then I heard Lee's aggravated voice.

"You can't just go around taking pictures of people." Lee said, "and would you please get out of here before you wake her up?" He whispered.

"Well, you should've told me you were having company over and I wouldn't have come unannounced." She said back snarky, "But since I came, I had to see the woman that's had you all over the place for the past month. When do you plan on telling the guys?"

I decided to open my eyes at that moment, pushing myself up so that I was in a sitting position. "Uh, morning." I waved awkwardly, trying to fix my hair. The woman turned her eyes to me and I immediately knew where I knew her from. She was the woman in Lee's photograph that I was looking at the other day.

Lee gave a strained smile, almost as if he hadn't expected for them to be caught watching me while I slept. I have to admit, it was a little weird.

        "Morning," He said, motioning to the woman beside him. "Um, this is my cousin, Shi, and she was just leaving." He tried ushering her out of the room, but she slapped his hands away.

"Leave me alone LeeLee, I'm not going anywhere." She said adamantly, her dark eyes glaring at him as she turned back in my direction. She was wearing a purple blouse with a pair of black slacks. She wore a pair of high heels, but was still shorter than Lee as she stood beside him.

      He looked at her as if he was annoyed. "Don't call me that."

She rolled her eyes. "Just because you have female company over I can't call you, LeeLee? I always call you LeeLee," she said again, this time a grin spreading across her face, "Is someone embarrassed?" She asked, "How cute." She said, grabbing his cheek and he stepped away from her.

I watched their interaction. It was like they were brother and sister instead of cousins. Shi stopped messing with Lee and turned back to me.

       "It's nice to finally meet the woman my cousin proposed to." She said, walking over so that she could get a better look at me. She cocked her head to the side as she continued. "At first I was worried, but you don't seem like the gold digger type."

"Shi!"

She looked over her shoulder. "What?" She asked innocently. "I'm just reading the type of person she is." She said in a bored tone, waving her hand at Lee, "You act like you don't do it."

Lee threw his hands up, "Not right in front of their faces." He replied, "Plus, you make us sound like we're some kind of weird fortune tellers or something. She just woke up, leave," He motioned for her again and she huffed. "Please." He stressed.

She rolled her eyes.

"It was nice to meet you, hopefully we can finish this conversation another time without my annoying cousin," she smiled, "I'm looking forward to seeing you again." She said, standing up and walking out of the room.

Lee relaxed a bit. "Sorry about that. I really tried to keep her out of the room, but she can be a little persistent when she's being nosy." He said, "She's no harm though," he said glancing over his shoulder at his cousin's retreating back, "just annoying."

I yawned. "No, it's fine." I glanced at him. "What time is it?"

"A little past seven. You don't have to be at work until twelve, right?" He asked and I nodded. "I can take you back to your place to grab some clothes and we can go get some breakfast somewhere and afterwards i'll drop you off at work."

"Sounds good." I smiled, stretching my arms.

Lee left shortly after the conversation was over to go and get changed while I headed into the living room to wait until he got done.

      "Ready?" He asked, smiling. I stood up from the couch.

"Yeah, let's go."

- - -
Who loves LeeLee? 💜