Chapter 25

JUSTIN'S POV

  This was it. We were headed to see Y/N's parents. Y/N was doing her best to remain calm, but I knew her well enough to know she was mad right now. She wasn't fooling me with that smile she was sending my way.
  Don't get me wrong: Y/N's smile was gorgeous, but it wasn't her real smile. It wasn't the smile that kept me smiling every single day.

  When I pulled into her parents' driveway, I took a deep breath and asked Y/N,"Do you know how much you mean to me, N/N?"

   Y/N'S POV

  Justin asked me,"Do you know how much you mean to me, N/N?"

  At first, I honestly thought that it was a stupid question, because Justin had to know the answer to that question already. Then, I remembered back to when he asked me to marry him. I remembered back to yesterday when he told me that my father wouldn't hear him out. I remembered when I saw how devastated he looked.

  And his question, it was out of fear or sadness. Either way, I wasn't going to let Justin let my father's opinion break us apart. Justin and I had been through too much to give up now.

  I looked over at Justin and said,"Of course I know how much I mean to you. You tell me all the time. Don't get cold feet on me, Bieber. You're Justin Drew Bieber. You've got this. We're in this together. Right?"

  I leaned forward, waiting for a kiss in confirmation. Justin smiled and gave me a kiss before we stepped out of the car.
  When we made it to the front door, I knocked on it and looked over at Justin. I took his hand as an attempt to comfort him, and Mom opened the door.

  Once she saw me, she immediately screamed and attacked me and Justin in kisses.

  I chuckled saying,"It's good to see you, Mom. Yes, Justin asked me. Here's the ring."

  I showed Mom the ring and she gasped, gawking at the ring around my finger. Justin smiled, and I could see how relaxed he became due to Mom's reaction.

  I smiled, too, before Mom said,"You two come on in. Y/N, your father just got here by the way."

  I walked in beside Justin, and we took a seat in the kitchen. Mom was making something, and it smelt really good.
  Justin did the dishes while I just played on my phone and talked to Mom. However, when Dad entered the kitchen, Justin's beautiful smile disappeared again.

  Dad spotted me and walked over to me saying,"Y/N, you're here!! It's good to see you. How are...you?"

  Dad glanced over at Justin, and I saw the disapproval in his E/C eyes. Justin looked down and focused back on the dishes.

  Dad said,"Justin, good to see you. I haven't seen you in a long time."

  I said in an irritated tone,"Dad, come on. You just saw Justin the other day. As a matter of fact, he told me that he came over and tried to ask for your blessing. Actually, he told me that he's been trying for a while now and you've never liked him. Isn't that funny, Dad?"

  Dad dropped the act and replied,"Y/N, you watch who you're talking to. I'm still your father."

  I sighed and said,"Right. I'm sorry, Dad, but Justin and I are going to get married. He asked me, and I said "yes." He loves me, and he has had my back so many times over. He's a good man, daddy, and I'm not going to let him slip away. He's the one, Dad. I just know it. As my father, I need you to support me, to support Justin. I need you to support both of us. We don't have anything planned yet, but please come to my wedding. Please don't see Justin by his mistakes. You never saw me that way."

  Mom smiled at me standing up to my father, while Justin looked like he wanted to bolt. I couldn't blame him because Dad scared him.

  Dad replied,"I refuse to accept him. He's not good enough for you. He went to jail, Y/N! Jail! You need a man who is-"

  I said,"What? Like you? When's my birthday? Do you even know?"

  Dad opened his mouth to speak, but I already knew that he didn't know the answer. It wasn't even a stupid or unfair question to ask, because I had told Dad my birthday every single year. Even when he wanted nothing to do with me, I still invited him to every single birthday and no dad.

  I let my tears fall as I leaned on the chair for support saying,"Justin, when's my birthday, baby?"

  Justin looked unsure of whether to answer, because my father was throwing thousands of daggers his way.

  Then, just like that, Justin confidently said,"Y/N's birthday is...at...( So, you guys can just fill in your birthday date here and then the time. If you don't know the time or remember, then just plug in the hospital name)"

  You would think that my father would've been upset or even a little bit bothered but nothing. I couldn't be here anymore. That was my cue.

  I said,"J..Justin, let's go. Bieber, let's go."

  Mom frowned and said,"But Y/N, you just-"

  I gave Mom a kiss and replied,"I'm so sorry, Mom, but I just have to get out of here. You know where to find me if you want to spend time together. I love you."

  Justin led me to the car and drove us away frommy parents' house. I don't even know why Mom bothered letting Dad back in.