Chapter 21

Y/N'S POV

  I forgot what it felt like to be a fan and experience your favorite artist from the crowd. Scooter, Pattie, Alfredo, and the others all stood around me as we watched Justin perform.
  I knew Justin was nervous, given that it had been a long time since he had been on stage. Too long, if you asked me. As Justin performed, he kept looking around. I nudged Pattie.

  I asked her,"Is Justin okay? Do you know what he's looking for?"

  Pattie took my hand and sent me a sweet smile saying,"I think he's looking for you, sweetie."

  I smiled back at Pattie and said,"Thank you for supporting Justin and I. It means a lot to me."

  She squeezed my hand and said,"No, thank you for being there for my son and my family. Y/N, if you were my daughter in law, I would be the happiest woman on the planet."

  I didn't even know what to say to Pattie, because her words meant everything to me. Of course I wanted to marry Justin one day, but I never knew Pattie approved of that already.
  I let Pattie know I was thankful, before we moved closer to the stage. By doing this, Justin could see me. When he saw me, he smiled real big. I loudly cheered him on.

  Justin laughed and focused back on his performance. I had an amazing time being in the audience, but the concert eventually came to an end.
  However, I had to step out of the stadium for a minute. Jessica was having a crisis. By crisis, I mean she didn't know what outfit to wear an internship she had in a couple of weeks.

  I laughed at her, but she knew I was just messing with her. As I gave her tips on what she could wear, I overheard a bunch of yelling.
  I rushed down the street and saw the paparazzi surrounding someone. I couldn't see who it was, but clearly, she needed help and an exit. I pushed through the paparazzi and finally saw who it was. It was Selena.

  She looked surprised to see me, yet I helped get her into the stadium.

  Once she caught her breath, we just stood there in silence for a while.

  Then, she said,"T..Thanks, Y/N."

  I nodded and sighed saying,"Selena, why do you hate me? Justin means the world to me, and I honestly hate this thing me and you have going on. Why threaten me? What did I do?"

  Selena said,"You mean the other day at the coffee shop? Y/N, I..I didn't mean anything I said. Look, Justin meant a lot to me and sometimes it's hard for me to get over him, but I'm trying to. I don't like what's going on between me and you either. I really am sorry about what I said at the coffee shop the other day and when I answered Justin's phone at the studio."

  As I looked at Selena, I noticed how tired yet genuine she was. I had no idea whether Selena was completely playing with me right now, but something told me I could trust her. I knew how much she cared for Justin, too, which caused me to do what I did next.

  I reached across the table and took her hand saying,"Okay, Selena. I forgive you for everything. As crazy as this sounds, I even forgive you for the magazine and the note you left me. I would like to start over."

  Selena smiled, until I mentioned the part about the magazine and note.

  She said,"Y/N, I never sent you a note or magazine. I'm being completely honest with you. I thought that you just wanted to meet at the coffee shop that day because of everything else that's happened between us."

  I replied,"Really? If you didn't do it, then who did?"