CHAPTER 5

"Mommy! Mommy! Please! Please can I come with you?"

Lia's cute and whiny voice echoed through the room.

Kongpob looked at his daughter who was pulling his arm.

Kongpob was getting ready to go to the office when Lia started shouting that she doesn't want to go to daycare but join her Mommy and Uncle Aim.

"Lia, baby, I told you that you are not allowed to come to the office. Babies are not allowed to enter the office, dear." Kongpob tried to reason.

Lia looked at Kongpob, her lips pouting.

"I'm not a baby! I'm a grown-up girl!" She argued as she crossed her arms around her chest.

Kongpob looked at Aim who was sitting on the sofa, trying to muffle his laughter.

"You are a grown-up girl for Mommy, but not for others baby. Please don't start a fight.", Kongpob said as he crouched down to match his daughter's height.

Lia looked at Kongpob with tear-filled eyes and started to cry aloud.

Aim and Kongpob closed their ears hearing Lia's loud screaming voice.

"Lia, uncle Aim will take you with us!" Aim said at last, Kongpob's eyes widened at Aim's words.

Lia stopped her screaming and crying suddenly and a wide smile engraved on her lips as she rushed towards her uncle to give a tight hug.

"Aim! Are you mad!? How can I take her to office!?" Kongpob glared at his best friend.

"Kongpob, relax. We will take her with us and will ask Marium to take care of her when we are busy.," Aim said.

Marium is a staff of the company who has a little crush on Aim. Both Aim and Kongpob had been working with the company for the past 3 weeks, and it gave more time for Marium to get closer to Aim and of course, Aim told her he was already taken.

Marium was sad at first but she always talked to Aim and Kongpob and helped them so much with the company matters.

"I hope Lia won't say anything to them," Kongpob looked at Lia with fear in his eyes.

Lia looked at her mom hearing it.

"I won't tell anything, Mommy. You told me not to tell anything then I will obey it! I'm a good girl!" Lia said with a wide smile showing her dimples.

"My mother's name is Krisia Prachaya, my name is Liane Prachaya, I don't have a father. I live in Canada. Am I correct Mommy?" Lia asked as she looked at her Kongpob with her innocent eyes.

Kongpob's eyes filled up with tears he heard his daughter's words. He went near his daughter and hugged her tight. Tears rolling down from his eyes.

"Yes, baby. You're correct. Mommy loves you so much baby girl. Mommy love you!"

***********

"I hope nothing won't go wrong," Kongpob said as he walked through the corridor of the company with Lia holding his little finger, and Aim walking beside him.

"Kong, don't overthink! Let everything come and go as it wish," Aim said as he rolled his eyes.

"Oh my! Is this your daughter P'Krisia!!! She is so cute!!" Marium's voice brought Kongpob out of his thoughts.

"Hi aunty!" Lia's cute little voice made Marium squeal in excitement.

"She is soo cute!" Marium said as she touched Lia's chubby cheeks.