For the Rainbow! (part VIII - Clarity)

As soon as I got back up with that girl, there was a lot of movement going on. Security started moving around, their hands on their belts and sidearms, white masks hanging from their backs... They heard me speaking through the radio, so they obviously knew I was coming for their boss, but I hope that they did not know my voice. I mean, how could they know it?

- Ash, I am advancing on. Watch your six.

- Copy. We moved out, as they started pushing people that they do not know out.

- Understood. - I answered, moving to upper levels. Several White Masks looked at me, but seeing that I was with a girl they knew, they did not harass me much. I picked up my pace, going through several doorways, entering the staircase. I pulled my sidearm out, summoning a suppressor and threading it on, aiming upwards.

- Where is the boss? - I asked, looking at the girl.

- He is on the highest floor, but during cases like those he locks himself out. The only way is to be let through his elite guards. Or the windows, if you can fly.

- Don't tempt me to breach through the windows. And you know what? Let's try going through. - I said, holstering the pistol and hiding it, de-summoning it for now.

- They won't let you through! You have a gun!

- Let's try~ - I said in a teasing tone, moving up and arriving at the set of armored doors. Pressing the button of the intercom, I called someone on the second side.

- Purpose? - a raspy voice asked.

- I am here to buy a girl for myself.

- Fine. No weapons, no funny shit. If you try anything, you'll be blown to pieces.

- I get that. - I answered, showing my empty hands and the girl. The door has been opened bu a beefy-looking guard, wearing combat pants and a black t-shirt, with boots and sunglasses to finish the look.

- Stand still, arms to the sides, legs a bit apart. - he ordered, and I obeyed. A female approached the girl that was with me, and we both got a solid patdown, guards trying their hardest to find anything on us.

- Clean. Let them through. - the male said to the radio on his arm.

- Same here. Boss waits for you. And cash only. - the female responded, eyeing me cautiously.

- I know. Thanks for the help. - I answered, moving past them and re-summoning the Shrimp, moving forward through the corridor and knocking on the wooden imitation of the metal door.

- Come on in! - a raspy voice ordered, and I opened the door, going in with the female and pulling on her arm harshly.

- Sorry. - I whispered. - Gotta keep the cover.

- What is your business- Ah, you got the Lia. For how long you wish to take her? - he asked, turning around to face us and pausing on the moment he noticed the girl.

- What is the longest period money can buy? - I asked in a teasing manner.

- That can be an eternity. - he answered, supporting his chin on his hands. - But you know, everything has its price.

- It does indeed. But I wish to pay the price.

- It is not about the price... [Y/N] [L/N].

I froze as soon as he recognized me. And then... I found out who he was.

- Karim... - I silently said.

- I didn't know you came back to this shithole. What brings you here?