♡ 64 - curtain call ♡

(a/n: y'all,,,, this + q&a, and then it's over holy—

stay tuned though! im really excited for this q&a because we get to reunite with declan lol

ALSO! SONG IS IMPORTANT!)

One week passed way too fast.

Virgil woke up that morning finished with his teenage years.

Twenty.

That was weird. He felt like he'd been a teenager forever, even though he played a much older man every night.

He stepped out of bed, and while brushing his teeth, he checked his phone, seeing texts from all his friends wishing him a happy birthday. He replied to all of them and spit out the toothpaste.

Then he flopped back into bed.

Roman, unlike the others, sent him a voice message instead of a text.

"Good morning, gorgeous, and happy 20th! It probably feels strange but you'll get used to it like the rest of us old people. On the bright side, one year until you can drink and five years until you hit your midlife crisis, am i right? Anyway, today is your day. Fucking live it up. Also, check your mailbox. Love you so much!"

Still in his pajamas, Virgil opened the door of his apartment and quickly emptied his mailbox, bringing the letters inside. Some were ads or coupons, or bills that he didn't want to look at, but then he saw Roman's. He didn't have to flip it over to see where it was from to know it was Roman, because the envelope was glittery and strawberry scented with little crowns drawn on the side.

He tossed the other envelopes on his coffee table and opened the one from Roman.

He expected a long cheesy love letter, because that was exactly what Roman was planning on doing, but instead there was simply a sentence.

Go to the room where you started your Falsettos journey.

He changed quickly and got into his car, driving to the rehearsal building, specifically to the room he auditioned in.

"Hello?"

It was empty.

Sudden piano chords began to play and it made him jump. There was the accompanist playing the intro to "What More Can I Say?" while the cast filed out from the connected room to the left.

And Roman entered, wearing the most extra red velvet, gold lined, suit Virgil had ever seen in his life and his jaw dropped. His cheeks heated up at the sight and he immediately felt underdressed.

"Are you really flash mobbing me right now?" he asked.

"Only a little," Hellen whispered.

Roman began singing.

Virgil got lost in his every word.

When he sparkles, the earth begins to sway. What more can I say?

"No homo though, right?" Virgil joked.

Roman didn't want to stop singing, but he slipped in a very quick "no homo, bro" after a few lines, and Valerie handed the new real adult a bouquet of roses of red, pink, and white.

If I say I love him, you may think my words come cheap. Let's just say I'm glad he's mine; awake, sleep.

Despite how slow and sweet the song was, Roman managed to fit a few pirouettes and hold a deep maroon rose between his teeth, shining a seductive smile for a second.

I'll try to stay calm, untie my tongue and try to stay both kind and young.

A present box was shoved into Virgil's hands, making him jump.