♡ 4 - butterflies ♡

Virgil and Declan were on a FaceTime call and Virgil stared at the list in shock.

He read his name over and over again, as it it'd disappear soon.

"Virgil! Isn't it great? Your first time auditioning for Broadway and you got cast!" Declan exclaimed. "And I'm your co-star!"

Virgil felt on top of the world, in the scariest way. "There's no way..."

"Yes way! I'll see you at rehearsal!"

Virgil's stomach was full of butterflies; giddiness from getting to play Whizzer on Broadway and because of Declan.

Everything about that man was perfect.

That he wore black skinny jeans with silver chains hanging off them, graphic tees, the slightest bit of makeup, and that he typically stuck to yellow and black.

His unique eye color, his sharp jawline, his giant smile...

Ah, fuck, why am I so gay?

The first day of rehearsal was in two days, so he obviously wanted to spend the day before it with Declan.

He picked up his phone and typed out a text.

Virgil: hey, you free tomorrow? it's the day before first rehearsal and im free and i don't really know anybody in ny

Message deleted.

Virgil: i was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow?

Message deleted.

Virgil: do you want to

Virgil: shit sent it before i finished it lol oops

2 messages deleted.

Virgil: hey so i don't really have anything to do tomorrow, so i was wondering, if you're free, do you want to hang out?

He put his phone down quickly so that he wouldn't have to dwell on it much longer.

Alright, alright, leave it alone...

He got a text back less than two minutes later.

Declan: yeah sure, I'm free too :)

Declan: where?

Virgil: idk, didn't think about that lol

Virgil: i'd say my apartment but i still haven't unpacked everything bc i just moved haha

Declan: I could help you unpack if you want?

Virgil: fr?

Declan: yeah, of course!

Virgil: if you don't mind, like that'd be great!

Declan: I'll see you tomorrow :)