♡ 32 - best friend ♡

(a/n: dude the new sanders sides video was so good and now im kinda guilty i didn't give deceit any better moments in either of my stories that he's in (he has better moments in this but like... you know? not really) because he's such a great character and ever since he arrived he's been really entertaining and cunning and cool and his costumes are amazing. also you might think i hate deceit but i don't and i never have, it's just that he's deceit and virgil doesn't like him and i love a good cryptic rivalry yknow

also this chapter is not an april fool's thing because it's too long to be a prank and i wouldn't put so much work into it lmao)

Patton went off to another room which Virgil knew was Declan's. His body was still trembling, but he cooled off enough that his head stopped twitching.

Virgil contemplated grabbing his jacket and bag and leaving, or going after Patton. He stood there, indecisive, for a while before knocking on Declan's bedroom door.

There was only a small whimper in response.

"Can I come in?" Virgil asked quietly.

A sad laugh came from the other side. "Go hang out with Roman today. There are amazing things here in New York. Look at them and take pictures or something."

"Patt..."

"If I can't be happy, I want you to be. Because I love you. You're my best friend."

"I'll be back later tonight." Virgil looked down at his feet. "Look, I'm still sorry. I made you mad and I didn't mean to, I just-"

"I'm not- not mad at you. Just go. You already said you'd be back later tonight. It's fine."

"Okay... Well, see you soon, best friend."

"See you. Love you."

"Love you too."

From Declan's room, Patton heard Virgil lock the door from the inside before closing it shut as he left.

Patton looked up at Declan's ceiling. Plain white.

The walls were covered in posters of Declan's favorite bands and musicals. A small snake figure sat on the black and gold nightstand.

Hugging one of Declan's gray pillows, he found himself curled into a pathetic ball.

The room that used to be endearing seemed cold and eerie. But Patton still found comfort in it, because he knew who it belonged to.

In a few hours, it was 3 pm.

There was a knock on Virgil's door and he went to get it, glad to see Roman had arrived.

*tw: tics/tourette syndrome*

Patton tried.

He didn't know why he couldn't just keep hiding it. When his tics showed in front of others, they weren't super noticeable and when they were, people thought he was just being his goofy self or he was a little nervous.

But that morning was something else.

It wasn't a new experience, but it was new in front of anybody but Logan. Or Declan.

When he was younger, people told him he'd grow out of Tourette's syndrome just like most other teens who had it, and as he got older, he felt the tics going away, though not disappearing completely.