♡ 18 - nevermind ♡

He sat in the bathroom for an excessively long amount of time. He got a text soon enough that rehearsal was cancelled for the day, and he replied back, asking for Virgil to come to the bathroom.

The door opened and the dark haired teenager waved awkwardly.

"So," Declan said softly, "what did you say you needed to talk about?"

"Nevermind that, De."

Declan looked up and shook his head. "Don't spare my feelings. I know you want to break up with me."

Virgil reached his hand out. "No! No, I don't!"

Declan looked down guilty at the mark on the arm Virgil had put out. "I hurt you," he whispered. "I know you're lying to me. To not hurt me... because you feel bad for me."

He sucked in a deep breath. "But you don't need to feel bad for me. Just do it, please. Do it so it hurts me back."

Virgil began to cry. "I wouldn't hurt you..."

Declan huffed and turned his back to Virgil. "You... You're not supposed to be with someone like me, and I'm sorry."

"What?! But I want to!" Virgil pleaded. "I love you, and I want to help you!"

Love.

Is this what love is?

Declan was the first to arrive the next day, which was unusual. He wouldn't make eye contact with Virgil either.

Virgil frowned. They didn't break up yesterday, and he hated seeing Declan so -- so stoic.

Logan was pleasantly surprised he didn't have to complain about the man being unprofessional, but it was also strange and frankly, very concerning. Considering what had happened that caused rehearsal to end early.

Virgil spoke up at the exit when everyone was walking out together and Declan was the only one who didn't say a word.

"Hey, De... Are you okay? What can I do to help? You're off today. I mean, you're doing well, but like, you're acting weird. I mean, not weird, but different than usual..."

Declan growled and ignored him.

"A-Are you mad at me?"

Declan didn't reply.

Until he did.

"Get off my dick! You know, nobody wants you around anyway!"

Virgil's head shot up as he stared at Declan's eyes which flickered from instant shock, then regret, then contemplation, and finally settled at the previous stone cold expression.

The others also stopped talking. Scott sipped his chai tea latte and raised his eyebrows.

The man with the unique eyes bolted out of the building and didn't listen when his boyfriend called after him.

He ran after him but as soon as he got out the door, Declan had vanished.