♡ 24 - well shit ♡

(a/n: often times lovers are crazy people, sometimes they kill each other, just like a biblical brother did to his biblical brother back in... biblical times? biblical times? biblical times. 👍🏻 biblical times. oh, those,, biBLICAL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES)

"You know..." Virgil whispered, "whenever he says, 'don't blame yourself' I blame myself more."

Roman didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry."

"If I- If I was just there for him longer, this wouldn't happen and everything would be fine but I ruined it! He needed someone and I couldn't stay!"

He laid on the floor, curled up with his arms hugging his knees up to his chest. He let out tears, but he didn't sniff or sob.

"Well, um, what do you think I can do for you?"

Virgil shrugged.

Roman laid down next to him and gently started singing one of Mendel's songs. "I... love you, dear. I think you're swell. You're never near me close enough to tell, if I'm delightful or not."

It took a lot, but Virgil got through the next night's show. Everyone got through it. Logan was a bit quieter.

He sat at a table at Panera with the rest of the cast, Logan, Thomas, and Dodie late at night.

A familiar voice made him look up.

"Do you want to come over tomorrow? There's this cat that keeps circling my trash can, and we can see if he comes!"

It made his heart pound and a small and barely noticeable smile to appear on his face.

But there was no one there.

He almost saw his boyfr - well, you know - in Roman. Not in his behavior, but in his eyes. Declan's were a unique color that Roman didn't bear, but he had round, sparkling ones that reminded Virgil of Andrew Rannells. And Declan.

He didn't have a badass scar on his cheek or messy but cute hair. He had perfect skin and neatly combed hair, although some flyaways stuck out.

Virgil looked down at his lap and tried to get Declan's voice again, but it wouldn't come. He shook his head as if that would shake out all the thoughts and he focused back on the conversation.

"Hi! I'm gay!"

That wasn't Declan's voice. It was a little kid that had come up to their table. She pointed at Virgil and stared in awe. "You look cool! I'm Kendra! I'm gay!"

Virgil, feeling pretty fucking awkward, grinned. "Well, that's great!" Tensing up, he grabbed Declan's hand and it calmed him down. Declan's thumb rubbed against the back of his hand in a comforting manner.

"Okay! Bye!"

He looked down at his hand which he'd been holding onto.... Declan.

Fuck. Fuck!

It wasn't Declan, it was him squeezing his hand into a fist so hard, he saw small nail marks in his palm.

Everything will be alright.