Aspertia City

I woke up in my room with the sun shining on my floor in a series of panels thanks to my windows. My alarm was going off, reading 9:23 am. I yawned, then suddenly feeling a jab.

"Ouch!" I looked up and saw my mom's Eevee poking me with her paw. "Eevee! Quit it!" I complained.

'Y/N! It's time to get up!' Eevee trilled, dancing around me in excitement. 'It's your birthday! You're fifteen years old!' She chirped.

"Oh yeah!" I grinned, tossing my short mint green hair back away from my face. "I can finally see the world!"

'That's right.' A grumpy voice snipped from the corner of my room. Sigilyph fluttered into view and continued speaking. 'You're fifteen now. Thirteen years has passed ever since your mom found you.' He flapped his wings gently. 'Wrapped only in a blanket and the cutest thing I'd ever seen.' Sigilyph said, his voice changing to an almost happy tone. 'And now...you're all grown up. You're not little anymore. I wonder if he'd still remember who you are...' the psychic/flying type Pokémon trailed off, sighing.

"Sigilyph, who's he?" I asked, standing up and started to get dressed.

'No one important. It doesn't matter.' Sigilyph replied, pushing me out the door the minute I finished changing.

Eevee remembered to grab my bag thankfully as we headed out the front door and almost ran into my rival. Hugh was about my age as well and he had just gotten his first Pokémon from Bianca, Professor Juniper's assistant. I was thankful I already had my companions

"Oh look who it is!" Hugh laughed, regaining his composure. "It's Y/N! Hey, guess what?? Blue's here! You know, one of the strongest Kanto trainers ever! Well, anyways, I'm gonna go and talk to him! Smell ya later!" He darted off into the crowds.

"Qwilfish hair." I muttered under my breath.

Eevee and Sigilyph laughed at my comment and followed me still, Eevee holding my bag. We walked along the busy streets of Aspertia, hearing a faint sound of violins and pianos playing from a nearby café. The music gave the city a peaceful air and I felt myself relaxing, my mind going blank.

"Come on, you! Give us your Pokémon or else we'll do it by force!" A voice yelled suddenly. I froze, gritting my teeth as I heard the person yell again. I didn't like this. I ran to the commotion to figure out what was going on.