"But who will protect them? Four pretends he isn't scared, but I can tell he is! And I can tell you are too!" She protests, but the furious growl of an engine cuts her off towards the end.

The clock upon my wall trembled about like biscuits in a tin and the whole room shakes so much I could almost feel my brain rattling against my skull. The whole room resonated with the deep grumble of the straining engines which came from the two large space shuttles that make their destination the untouched grass of our lawn.

The shuttles roared and the wind buffeted around them, rocking it ever so slightly as they levelled to the ground. Even as the engines turned off, my unease never halted and Three's shaking hands never seized.

Taking in the bright colours squeezing through clouds behind the shuttles; I could tell outside was chilly as I subconsciously pull my legs tighter against myself—and I am overcome with a certain pain that tugs on my heartstrings as I realise I will be in one of those space shuttles very soon.

The darkness swirled around my vision almost blinding me with sadness. Tendrils of inkling bleak are reminders of my solitude. The silence echoing in my ears was the constant white noise that was so quiet my ears began to ring in the emptiness of conversation.

Three realised my inner pain and squeezes my hands tightly. "You are right," She lies—I can tell and so can she, "You will be perfectly fine. I guess I am just frightened to be without you."

I watch her face, entranced. The morning light reflects off her tear-stained skin and dance in her warm eyes. She has laughter lines from her gift for smiling easily and her personality is all there to read in those creases; and in that moment, I realise I am frightened to be without her too.

I clasp her hands back and my chin quivers as I stretch my lips into a grin, "I am too."

Another knock sounds on my bedroom door and this time it is Commander September who stands in my doorway. "Embrace your destiny," She nods, her eyes a darkened blue with the hues of purple remaining.

She doesn't acknowledge Three's forbidden presence in my chambers, and she doesn't make a remark about our sorrowed faces. Commander September was a proud woman. She was strict, disciplined and of high principal but for the first time in my life, she gives me a genuine smile.

"With opened arms and welcoming," Three and I respond.

From early childhood, I had plucked the most perfect image I could create of Commander September and clung to it as an attempt to feel how a mother should in her place. I did it because that warped depiction was the person her she should have been—would have been—if it weren't for The First Order tearing me away from my parents; but Commander September was far from a mother figure, she was more so the trainer and I was her hound.

In my vision, her hard personality was replaced with something so golden, that it resembled a bright, beaming light that cleared my dim skies. But as I grew, I became to realise my imagination was painful and tiresome. The ability to create a happier world or scenarios which will never happen, made me fell like collapsing to the ground once I had been snapped out of trance by the slightest movement.

No, she wasn't a mother—so therefor, I was a mere orphan upon a lonesome planet.

"It's time," Commander September said, her voice calm and approving as she takes in my uniform, making sure there was no creases or stains to be seen. "We will wait for you at the shuttles. Come along with me, Three."

I stutter a small, timid reply, and let go of Three's hands as she stands—leaving with Commander September and not sparing me another look as I know she will crumple.