Fifty Seven

THE GOLDEN CHILD

It was about a month after Y/N and Rosa's engagement, the squad were all working in a constant state of excitement because it was almost the weekend

It was about a month after Y/N and Rosa's engagement, the squad were all working in a constant state of excitement because it was almost the weekend. Amy and Y/N were in the briefing room running through some suspected criminals on a PowerPoint Amy made. Nearby, Charles was at his desk completing his paperwork whilst, Terry ate his yogurt.

"Sir, you wanted to see me?" Jake strolled into Holt's office before stopping in front of his desk.

"Yes, I have an assignment for you." Holt looked from his documents to the boy. "I'm afraid it's not a pleasant one." He took his glasses off.

"Oh, my God." Jake sighed as he placed his hands on his hips. "Please tell me it's not--" He began.

"Yes, it's Hitchcock related," Holt revealed, cutting off the boy.

"Son of a bitch," Jake said through his teeth.

"Detective Hitchcock is set to testify in court this afternoon. It's an important case, and I'd rather not get another call from the DA saying he showed up 'covered in condiments'." Holt explained as Jake placed his forehead in his palm.

"So you want me to keep Hitchcock from spilling on himself for the rest of the day?" Jake's hand retreated back to his side. "We both know that's impossible."

"I'm counting on you."

"I won't do it."

"There's nobody else I trust."

"What you're asking is insane."

"I'm not asking."

"It's a suicide mission!"

"Then prepare for death."

"You've lost your mind! This is a direct order, Detective! Get in line!"

"Hey." Rosa jumped into the conversation as the two stop shouting. "You guys startled Hitchcock. He spilled two full jars of spaghetti sauce on himself." She notified the two before looking back at Hitchcock.

"Thanks a lot, fellas," Hitchcock yelled back with a huff.

~

With the whole Hitchcock fiasco over, the rest of the squad were at their desks completing their work or following up on leads as Y/N and Rosa stroll into the bullpen, "Attention, Nine-Nine. We have an announcement." Y/N declared to the squad.