Thirty Five

THE BANK JOB

Y/D/N~ Your Dad's Name

E/B/N~ Ex-Boyfriends Name

~

The squad were all sat in the bullpen, Amy was at Y/N's desk trying to convince her to read the book she had been yapping on about for the last week-- Y/N decided to give in and try it out. Meanwhile, Charles was half awake at his desk completing his work, occasionally looking at his phone to see if Jake had messaged him before coming to a conclusion that his phone was dead. Whilst, Rosa and Jake were off on a drug case with their shared idol, Lt Hawkins, who said she may have a job for one of them.

"Okay, I should be back in an hour." Gina raised her voice alerting half of the bullpen including Terry, Charles, Y/N, and Amy. "If my desk phone rings, just ignore it. I don't answer it anyway." She shrugged as she spun around before strolling out of the bullpen.

"You shouldn't tell me stuff like that," Terry warned as Y/N and Amy walk up to him.

"Where's Gina going? That's, like, the third time she's taken off this week." Amy recalled.

"Will she be okay?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, it's Gina, she says she perfect, but she has a doctor's appointment," Terry replied as he shoved a file under his arm.

"You know what that's code for. She's taking a nap in the furnace room." Scully piped up from his desk.

"Is that what you do? Because you really should go to the doctor." Terry cautioned. "When you breathe it sounds like someone's shaking a bag of quarters." He pointed out.

"You're right." Scully grinned, taking a green pillow out from one of his desk draws. "I'll go to the doctor right now." He scurries out of the bullpen.

"Sarge, did she say anything else?" Charles sauntered up to the three, his brows furrowed in concern.

"She says the doctor's can't be sure, but they're optimistic," Terry explained. "Apparently, she has something called Ansel-Elgort Syndrome." He knitted his brows stating the fake syndrome that Gina made up.

Charles folded his arms over his chest, "Oh, poor Gina." He sighed as Amy answered with a, "Oh, my God." Not knowing that it was fake syndrome whilst Y/N replied with a, "Yikes, poor, Gina." As her face deflated into a worrisome look.

"Oh, you fools." Hitchcock chimed in as Y/N, Charles, and Amy turn around to see what's going on. "That's not a disease. Ansel Elgort's an actor. Did none of you see 'The Fault in Our Stars'?" He questioned—somehow hearing their conversation from the other side of the room.

"No. Why did you?"

"Teenage romance, dying chick, oxygen mask. Checks all my boxes." Hitchcock smirked causing the four to groan at his reply.