Seventy Five

THE LAKE HOUSE

It was August and summer what slowly trudging to an end

It was August and summer what slowly trudging to an end. With this news of Captain Holt's relationship issues the squad sat at Shaw's. Amy and Jake sat in front of the bar as they shared a drink, perched closely, was Charles who was talking to Terry about local scarf businesses as Y/N listened in. They were in their usual seats.

"Hey, everybody. I got your text. What's the big emergency?" Rosa asked as they arrived at the squad's table before plonking down beside Y/N.

"We need to talk about Captain Holt's love life," Jake explained as Rosa groaned with a classic eye-roll.

"Come on, you've missed being dragged into your coworkers' personal lives, admit it."

"It's true, I have. What's going on?" Rosa disclosed, her hand on Y/N's thigh. creasing it softly.

"Captain Holt is in pain, and we need to help him get back together with Kevin." Jake elaborated before crossing his arms over his chest.

"No, we don't. Holt is a very private person." Amy denied, pursing her lips. "We shouldn't get involved."

"Okay, you guys probably don't know this, but my parents got divorced when I was a kid, and it really messed me up," Jake confessed, hands now seated on his lap as the squad groan slightly.

"What, no way?" Y/N sarcastically remarked.

"Yeah, we know." Amy grits her teeth.

"Oh, my God." Rosa nodded her head listlessly.

"What, do I talk about it a lot?" Jake looked around the room as Amy glared at him making him continue. "It doesn't matter. The point is, we can't let that happen to Daddy Holt and Daddy Kevin."

"So we're just dispensing with subtext now?"

"Yes, this workplace is my family--was that not clear? Y/N is my twin sister, Holt is my dad, you're my mean older sister, and Amy's my mom." Jake signaled to a few key people in the group as Amy's face dropped.

"What?"

"What? What did I say?"

"You said, 'Amy is my mom'," Amy recalled, her brows in a twist of concern.

"Nobody said anything! We don't have time for this, Amy." Jake blurted out causing Amy to sigh whilst crossing her arms simultaneously. "Now, who's gonna help me Parent Trap Holt and Kevin?" He asked as everyone averted their gaze. "Seriously? Y/N/N, come on, you can be the Hallie to my Annie? It's our dream!" He practically begged.

"Does it mean we can eat Oreos and peanut butter together?" Y/N's face lifted.

"That's absolutely right and even better—" Jake started before Amy interrupted him.

"Okay, new plan!" Amy announced as Y/N and Jake's faces deflate. "Look, Holt just needs us to be there for him. Help him take his mind off of Kevin." She said wistfully.