Thirty Seven

THE BIG HOUSE, PT 1

Italics ~ a dream

The squad were all sat in the bullpen, all in their typical spots. It had been a month since Jake and Rosa were framed for robbing a bank by their no longer shared idol, Lieutenant Hawkins, putting all the adults on edge, especially a red-headed Charles Boyle.

"Just eating butter like a popsicle, huh, Boyle?"

"Yeah, I know, I'm spoiling myself, but I'm depressed." Charles sulked as he gestured to his stick of butter before resting it down on his desk. "Or have you forgotten that Jake, my best friend, is in prison?" He recalled.

"Wait, Jake's in prison?" Scully chimed in, swivelling around in his chair to face Terry.

"Yeah! He and Rosa were framed for a bunch of bank robberies by Lieutenant Hawkins." Terry said, practically yelling it since it's been a few weeks and somehow Scully hasn't noticed that their desk were empty.

"Oh, right." Scully bounced his head whilst processing the information. "And where's Gina?" He asked, playing with an old walkie-talkie from the '70s.

"On maternity leave!" Terry raised his voice. "We were all at her baby shower last week." He mentioned as Scully's brows raise in shock that her desk is also empty.

"Okay." Hitchcock rose from his chair. "And why am I bleeding?" He lifted his arm above his head as the four cops step back, all in confusion.

"I don't know, Hitchcock." Terry clenched his jaw as Hitchcock dropped his arm to his side.

Hitchcock scoffed, "Oh, so you don't have all the answers. I'm bleeding because my piece-of-crap son-in-law bit me." He told the unamused gathered squad.

Amy sighs before turning back to Charles as Terry and Y/N follow, "Look, we all miss Jake and Rosa, which is why we have to keep working the case. There has to be some way to exonerate them."

"Don't worry, buddy, Amy and I are working and spending every free minute on the case." Y/N soothed the poor red-headed boy as his face deflates into a frown, once again.

"I've been looking, but I can't find anything and I don't know what to do." Amy shrugged as the elevator doors binged open revealing Jake.

"'I can't find anything and I don't know what to do': title of your sex tape." Jake stood in the bullpen, arms open as Charles shot up out of his chair.

"What is happening right now?!" Charles exclaimed.

"They caught Hawkins trying to flee the country. She confessed to everything, and they let me out." Jake strolled his way up to the four cops before stopping in front of Amy.